Bolens G174

/ Bolens G174 #1  

Gold Member
Tractor
Jinma 204 -- now gone
Hi,
Have seen a Bolens G174, 4wd, 835hrs with mower and heavy duty snowblower for sale for $5500 Cdn ( aksing )
Know is Deisel, presumably 17 hp.

Does anyone know anything about these tractors and if this is a half decent price ?
Has PTO for the mower\blower so is it a 540 PTO ?
Know nothing about these tractors.

Can you get loaders for these and any idea of cost involved ?

Any details on this tractor would be appreciate.

Thanks
Tom

/ Bolens G174 #2  
I have a G174. Depending on when it was made it's either a 2cyclinder or 3cylinder. Both are diesels. Mine is a 3cylinder. It has 3 pto speeds, and yours is a 4x4 (hence the 4 after the 17). It's also 17hp.

These are stout tractors. There's a real good yahoo room for Bolens Iseki tractors.

I think the price is high though that you quoted.

/ Bolens G174 #3  
I've got the iseki TX1500 which is the same thing as the G174 except mine is only two wheel drive.

Mine has a loader, and it's very useful. The 4wd would definately be nice if only for the reason that it gives you a little beefier front axle and, therefore, more lift capacity for the loader. I'm sure that the traction is helpful too.

I'm surprised just how far that 17HP will go. It's a tough little tractor that will do a lot of stuff. I got mine with the loader and a tiller for about $4,000 US, but the guy was in a bit of a hurry to get rid of it. Mine was also in really good shape... Good paint, no mechanical issues, etc.

If you're getting a mower and snow blower with it, I'd say $5,500 Cdn is about average. It depends on the condition of the tractor and the market in your area.

/ Bolens G174 #4  
It has a standard 540 pto. Loaders are available. Email me for pricing.

/ Bolens G174 #5  
I have just bought a bolens iseki g174 2 cylinder desel with loader bucket 3 point hitch and p.t.o 4x4 1978 white with red decals,the green are 79-- 82.I love this little tractor it will fit through a 4 foot opening and is very manuverable and powerful,i paid 2,900.00 and it just had a new clutch put in it.other than that it's ran great for many years i bought it from a farm auction not too far from my home in MI.

/ Bolens G174 #7  
LBrown59 said:
How's this sound?
1990 Bolens diesel with only 700 hours
48''mmm
Tiller
Front blade
Rear Blade
$2800.oo

I believe that you will find that these models were manufactured from 1978-1981 so the 1990 is not accurate.

/ Bolens G174 #9  
I don't believe there were any Bolens/Iseki models from the 90's. Iseki started building Massey Fergusons in the early 90's.

Eugene