Paper version

/ Paper version #1  

GlennT

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere Model 670
Muhamma
Just a reminder that some of us are waiting (and hoping) for a paper version. As soon as it's out, I want a copy.

/ Paper version #2  
Hi Glenn...

For what it's worth, I bought an electronic copy of the Compact Tractor book and simply printed it out on my laser printer. I then bound it myself. I now have an easily referenced 'hard copy' that I can take with me whereever I go. It's not like a hard bound book you would buy in Barnes and Noble, but it serves my needs for having a paper version.

Bob

/ Paper version #3  
Glenn,

I did the same thing that Bob did. I put mine in a 3 ring binder. That way, I just pull out the forms or pages I want/need, make copies, and away I go! I keep all my originals in a good, clean condition, and take the copies. Works great. And if you're worried about downloading, I didn't have any problems. And I always have the electronic version as my back-up. I can always print out more copies.

Sorry, no I won't print you a copy!/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif I wouldn't want to short change Muhammad! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Paper version
Thanks for the suggestions. I don't have any difficulty downloading or printing; however, I do have a space problem. I seem to collect books without trying and now have in the neighborhood of 3,000. The 3-ring notebooks are particularly difficult to shelve and I'm trying to avoid acquiring any more. It was my understanding from an inquiry last spring (2002) that Muhammad is working on an updated version in conventional print format and that he anticipated issuing it soon.

/ Paper version #5  
<font color=blue>"I don't have any difficulty downloading or printing; however, I do have a space problem."</font color=blue>

Well, why don't you download it but not print it out yet. You'd always have it handy to "open" and read, and then you could print individual pages or sections as you needed them.

Just an idea. I know I pull my copies (printed and electronic) out at least once a week just for reference purposes or to compare some information that I've collected.

Just some ideas Glenn. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Paper version #6  
Yep... my plan is a revision and a print version sometime around January 1st.

/ Paper version #7  
Muhammad,

You cleverly avoided specifying a year on your "January 1st" estimate. I was hoping you meant 2003. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I know this site keeps you plenty busy, just wanted to let you know that some of us are still patiently waiting.

Keep up the fine work. I've got confidence in you. Your book is the first item on my Christmas wish-list. If you get it out by August, I'll move it up to my birthday wish-list! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

~Rick

/ Paper version #8  
Would please you update the status of revising your book and when it might be released?

/ Paper version #9  
Any update on the new revision/version of the book ? How about
the paper version ? Thanks, G

/ Paper version #10  
Well, it has been a LONG time since a post was made in this thread. Is there still a plan in the works to release a print version of the book? If so, when can we expect one? I'd be much more keen on getting a print copy than an e-copy. I suppose I could always print it off, but that would take a LOT of ink. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif