Platinum Member

Default 3 cyl deisel engine-Perkins

I know a lot of you here are always building a small tractor of some type and the power plant is always an issue. I have a small 3 cyl Perkins diesel that would make a great small tractor, repower a garden tractor, wood splitter, home generator ect. If anyone is interested e-mail or PM me. Thanks, Nat

Tractor
    Where do I begin.....

Default Re: 3 cyl deisel engine-Perkins

Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    I know a lot of you here are always building a small tractor of some type and the power plant is always an issue. I have a small 3 cyl Perkins diesel that would make a great small tractor, repower a garden tractor, wood splitter, home generator ect. If anyone is interested e-mail or PM me. Thanks, Nat
    Is it an "AD3-152"? If so, you've got one of the most fuel efficient and durable diesel engines ever built. And cheap to rebuild when the time comes. A complete "kit" (EVERYTHING except injector pump) is just over $400. That would be the powerplant that made the Massey Ferguson 135 famous. (Roughly 45 gross hp)
    There are three kinds of men;
    1.) The ones that learn by reading
    2.) The few who learn by observation
    3.) The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Platinum Member

This is a 103-09 Perkins. It is a small 1 litre engine, 23 HP.
    The 152 Perkins came standard in a lot if different equipment plus in AC, Massey, Oliver, and Bobcat to name just a few. Thanks, Nat

Tractor

Does it have radiator, fuel tank and stuff or is it just the engine? What do you want for it if I pick it up?
    Thanks

Platinum Member

It is complete with radiator, fuel tank,starter,altenator. everything. It will start up sitting as it is and you can hear it run, then I'll load it on your truck for 700.00. I have the hour meter so you can see the actual hours, if I Remember it's 1700, maybe 1900, can't remember. It has the bell housing and I have the plate that hooked the flywheel to the generator shaft so that hooking it back to something else should be simple. All it needs is a home. Thanks, Nat Angell

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK20

hi Nat, how heavy is this unit, will it fit on a 4 x 3 pallet

Platinum Member

The engine with the fuel tank, bellhousing, radiator, and base frame is probably 450 lbs, and about 2 x 5 foot. It could go on a 3 x 4 pallet if the baseframe was shortened or removed. It is pretty simple to do with the act torch. HTH, Nat