Suggestions on metal cutting bandsaw for these great projects?

/ Suggestions on metal cutting bandsaw for these great projects? #11  
I purchased a Rollin 20" bandsaw with blade welder from a guy in NW Arkansas. He held it till I could get out there on a trip to SW Ark to see my Dad. Couple weeks after commiting to it, I saw a DoAll 16" on the same forum and decided that I couldn't pass up the $100 price tag, with blade welder and grinder. It was in Sarasota, so I went after it and ended up with a surface grinder also (plus some other stuff). Here is the Rollin for $650

Bandsaw2.jpg

I know it looks like a standard saw, but the table moves, allowing you to put something on it and walk away, coming back later to multiple pieces, like a horizontal one does.

and here is the DoAll for $100. These usually sell for more than I paid for the Rollin but I got lucky being quick to a post about a guy needing to clear out his shop ASAP!!
IMGP0703.jpg

David from jax

/ Suggestions on metal cutting bandsaw for these great projects? #12  
If you're going to buy a bandsaw buy a good one. I've heard the cheap ones don't cut straight, don't know if that's true or not. I have an old Marvel Drawcut saw. It's slow but I've cut a lot of steel with it.

/ Suggestions on metal cutting bandsaw for these great projects? #13  
How true, but then, not so true. Getting a good bandsaw to cut straight isn't too hard. Getting a cheap one to do it, is a little harder, but actually still possible. I have a good friend who proved it to me, after I made almost the same statement that given some time he could make my saw cut straight. My "old" saw was one of those harbor freight specials that came with my Bridgeport when I bought it. It had been dropped, broken, and repaired with pieces of strapping. No way would it ever cut straight. He made it cut 5 times in a row within ten thousandth's and it only took him one day to do it.
Made a believer out of me, but I have yet to learn all his tricks to doing it, other than patience.
David from jax