Pond rake

/ Pond rake #11  
Thanks for posting this. I've been trying chemicals and not making much headway with my watershield. I think I'm going to take ideas from both czechsonofagun and MrJimi. I have a short 3pt pole lift that I plan to use as the base. I'll add a 2" reciever. I'm thinking about starting with a 10' 2x2x1/8 tube. I'll add a rake head of some design. I'd like to use something that I can also attach to the bottom of my BH bucket, so I can rake in tight quarters - like on the dam.

You both seem to favor small rakes. I was thinking large, for speed of work. Does the shorter rake work better?

Thanks

/ Pond rake
lhfarm said:
You both seem to favor small rakes. I was thinking large, for speed of work. Does the shorter rake work better?

Thanks

Good question, but i don't know:) My pond is only half an acre, I think the rake is now 4 feet wide, I dont think I am gonna built it wider than that. But I would like to go to 12 or even 16 feet length to reach further.

Also somebody told me to use a chain to drag the bottom to get the weed out - I didn't try that one yet.

/ Pond rake
TRUKFXR said:
Yea, you are right about them not eating your type of weed. I hate carp too, but reluctantly I agreed to this solution as the best for our situation. We studied cutting, killing the darn weeds but everyone says the fish control is the best. (I liked your reply about the Christmas dinner.)

:D

Here is a picture from selling carps before christmas in Prague; some people buy them alive and keep them in bathtub for few days - typically families with kids:) - but you can have it killed by the sales person and skinned or filetted.
Traditionally czechs make soup from the head and the meat is breaded and fried and served with potatoe salad.

But every since I moved out of my parents home I eat salmon on Christmas:)

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 558
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    98.2 KB · Views: 757
   / Pond rake #14