POST YOUR PICTURES OF SUBSOILERS

/ POST YOUR PICTURES OF SUBSOILERS #1  

JRP

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800
I made a subsoiler but know there is a lot of ways to customize, such as for cable plow work. If you have protos and ideas about subsoilers for TBN members, post them here.

I'll start.
I made this plow for about 1/2 the cost of a TSC plow and it has twice the steel. The shank is 1.25 thick. It is made to fit a Speeco hitch and can plow about 24" deep (I hope). It is heavy so I wish I made some stands to keep it erect, which could also double as a wore spool rack. The Speeco uses 1.5" lower link lins so the ones here are just 6" long CRS bar shoved into the 2" sq tubing. The tip is a chrome hardface made for farm equipment.

Now post your pictures and share them for all of us who want to make a better one.

Attachments

• IMG_7445.jpg
    IMG_7445.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 2,650
   / POST YOUR PICTURES OF SUBSOILERS #2  
Looks nice; looks strong; looks heavy.

Just curious - what's the white stuff in that square tube?

Edit: I just saw your other post where you said it is foam to keep bees out. I thought perhaps that's what it was, but with all the other welding you did, I figured you would have just welded a piece of plate over the end. But I agree, the foam is a lot easier.

/ POST YOUR PICTURES OF SUBSOILERS #3  
Welkom op de website van Evers Agro.

lots of subsoilers in all different executions. Evers was a town blacksmith that started building 1 leg subsoilers when tractors came to the farms, meanwhile it has grown into an international business, subsoilers is still a specialty to them. They build them for all different soil types.

/ POST YOUR PICTURES OF SUBSOILERS
Thanks,
The evers site is interesting. I probably should have looked more before I started. I think I could easily pull two shanks.

/ POST YOUR PICTURES OF SUBSOILERS #5  
I see in your members profile that your tractor is a Kubota M 6800 ?? I suppose its a 68 engine hp 4wd ?

That tractor should be able to pull a 3 shank ripper at 24" (60 centimeter) because my Zetor 5245 can bury our neighbours Evers 3 shank heavy duty ripper to the frame ( 80 cm ?) on medium sand soil.
Zetors are a bit heavier than Kubbies, weight is traction so your tractor would pull a 3 shank ripper at least 60 cm in sand soil...

I dont know what soil you're on, but clay, virgin or rooted forest soil is a different story.

/ POST YOUR PICTURES OF SUBSOILERS
Thanks Renze, I think you are right. I tried it yesterday and in first gear you could barely tell the engine was loaded. I think I should have looked for pictures before I started.

Two reasons I made this include cutting roots around trees I want to pull, and also as a cable plow for pulling in a phone wire. Both uses would require one shank.

Well, If I need three shanks I have a torch.

/ POST YOUR PICTURES OF SUBSOILERS #7  
Jrp, when you start the cable project going I'd love to see some pics.

/ POST YOUR PICTURES OF SUBSOILERS #8  
Here are photos of my subsoiler... heavy about 4" solid bar on 3ph, sweep plows rotated 180 degrees so I can mount weights on them, sweep removed from the single shank that engages the ground and replaced with a chisel point. chain attached to metal cap that is pulled underground by the chisel point. Plastic pipe with electric high tensile underground fence wire inside is folded over the metal cap and held in place with duct tape. Subsoiler is well offset because I need to get up close to fence line and bury the plastic pipe/electric wire.

I go slow, 4wd, try not to hang a rock too hard.

DSCN1189.JPG

DSCN1188.JPG

DSCN1192.JPG

/ POST YOUR PICTURES OF SUBSOILERS #9  
Here are some pics of my modified KK middle buster/subsoiler sitting on the stand i made. The soiler point is home made too. Darn thing is heavy. The square tubing on the back is work in progress. I tack a coupling on it for pushing pipe under my drive. I have not tried burying cable with it YET. Soon it will have muffler clamps welded on it holding the elec. elbo for burying cable

Attachments

• Middle buster stand (Large).JPG
    Middle buster stand (Large).JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 1,594
  • Middle buster stand (3) (Large).JPG
    Middle buster stand (3) (Large).JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 1,237
   / POST YOUR PICTURES OF SUBSOILERS #10  
Texasjohn:

That looks like a handy rig. If you plow 12-24" deep, how long a section of flexible plastic pipe can you put in before the friction (or something) on the pipe makes you put in a joint and start over with a new section of pipe? I know the soil matters, and today in Georgia it is so dry that you need a concrete saw to make a trench. But what about sandy loam that is fairly moist?

Thanks.