Home made loader

/ Home made loader #11  
The front tires on my tractor state maximun pressure of 30 lbs. I may upgrade to 4ply tires if I have any problems.

/ Home made loader #12  
Since this thread is about home made loaders, here is a few pics of the one I built this past winter.

tractor001.jpg

Here is a pic of it after adding the canopy.

tractor002.jpg

The loader is built from 2x3 tube steel and uses 1.5" cylinders with 16" stroke. I did the design on paper and then a ton on measuring and changes as it was built. I have done as alchemysa said, hit many rocks/stumps with it while using it and never had any problems. With the 16" stroke cylinders, it gets a little over 6 feet of lift with the bottom of the bucket level as shown in the top pic. My relief valve is set at 1500 psi and it will lift anything I can put in the bucket, provided I have enough counter weight! You can also see the little bar tires I added to the front of the tractor, these have a 4 ply side wall and don't squat when the bucket is full, it really helped the steering not having to steer with "flat" tires.

I decided to use AutoCad for my next project and am currently designing a small backhoe for the tractor. I have some trenching to do out at my place and also figured it would be great counter weight when I really want to do some heavy lifting with the loader.

Scott

/ Home made loader #13  
There are other threads on reasons to NOT fill front tires when using loaders.

/ Home made loader #14  
Reg, those would only apply to 4 wheel drive machines, ours are only 2 wheel drive.

/ Home made loader
what is the website you are going to use to build the backhoe. I would like to build a loader for my shibaura. Please let me know.

/ Home made loader #16  
I had the flat tire problem on my old ford 4000 andhad to front tires filledwith foam. Worked great........for about 4 years. Then the rims broke. So then had to buy not only new rims but tires also. As it is impossible to get the foam out of the tires, or straighten and reweld rims bake together......dont ask me why I know. Those are some great looking aftermarket loaders, bet they are a real conversation peice.

/ Home made loader #17  
superfast,
Just curious. Are the front tires on backwards. Is there a reason for this?:confused: :confused:

/ Home made loader #18  
warburtonplayer - I am not really using any website for the backhoe. I am gathering ideas from a bunch of sites, like PF ENgineering and Cadplans, and designing my own. I did the same with the loader, it is my own design. The loader took about a week to come up with a workable plan, then of course it was modified a little as I built it.

civesnedfield - Good eyes! Yes they are on "backwards". On a non-powered axel if you put them on backwards they are supposed to offer a little better bite when turning and "self-clean" better.

Scott

/ Home made loader #19  
superfast said:
warburtonplayer - I am not really using any website for the backhoe. I am gathering ideas from a bunch of sites, like PF ENgineering and Cadplans, and designing my own. I did the same with the loader, it is my own design. The loader took about a week to come up with a workable plan, then of course it was modified a little as I built it.

civesnedfield - Good eyes! Yes they are on "backwards". On a non-powered axel if you put them on backwards they are supposed to offer a little better bite when turning and "self-clean" better.

Scott

Ok that explains it. I learned something new:D

/ Home made loader #20  
Superfast, your FEL is amazing, but a few other questions if you don't mind.

Is that box grader something you built or bought? Brinly or category 0 lift?

How far off the ground does that box grader lift?

Do you get very good traction? I don't see any rear wheel weights. Fluid filled rear tires?

Overall, how well does this box grader work with your unit?