Home made loader

/ Home made loader #41  
Great jobs on the FEL!

Speaking on homebuilt loader on garden tractors there are reasons people build them. I think some clever guys build their loaders because they can and saves a boat load of money. Some of the older garden tractors have great frames and material compared to some of the newer ones. Plus a CUT maybe way too big for the job they are doing.

My example,
My JD 2210 FEL lifts 800 lbs. JD's hydros pump is 1300 psi and 5.5 GPM. My Case 446 (btw garden tractor) is 2000+/- psi and 9.5 gpm. So it out performs the JD. I do know a dealer that built loaders for Case garden tractors. He stated that my JD 2210 could never lift a Case garden tractor off a truck. His built loaders could unload my 2210 from a truck!:D

/ Home made loader #42  
There are a few things that have been stated even by those that are defending the loader/GT marriage. One person mentioned something about putting a loader on a "lawn mower". Admittedly, a NEW GT is pretty much nothing but a bigger lawn mower. However, the old GT's (I have 3 of the old IH built Cub Cadets) that actually gave us "garden tractors" are NOT lawn mowers. Yes, you could get mowing decks on them for cutting grass, but they were designed/engineered to do much more. The old cub cadets could be bought with: front dozer blades, center mounted "belly" grader blades, rear box blades, tillers, snow throwers, trenchers, cultivators, plows, and the list goes on and on, including LOADERS. As a side note, I have all of the implements above except the snow thrower (I live in MS) and the trencher. I'm in the process of gathering material for building a loader. Another thing about the old IH Cub Cadets is that they have the same exact rear end that IH used in the old Farmall Cubs. I would say that tractor without a doubt is/was a compact tractor. The Cub Cadet is just a smaller version. I have owned these little tractors to work my 5 acres and I can say that I'm constantly impressed by what they will do will relative ease. They are truly impressive little machines that were engineered far beyond anything you will see sitting in front of Lowe's, HD, or most other show room floors. If you are not familiar with the old GT's then go buy one. You can pick them up for a few hundred dollars usually, and they will last you the rest of your life, even with a loader. :D

/ Home made loader #43  
I built a dumping scoop for my tractor over 20 years ago and wanted to up grade to a loader.

When i was 13, i welded a similar scoop to go behind my pedal go-kart, on a home made 3pt hitch... next thing was reinforcing the frame because the single 30x30mm tube bent...
It is similar in size as the one in your picture, only it was much shorter, and we had to pedal real fast into the pile, to get about 2 and a half shovels of dirt in it ;)

3 years ago i built a heavy duty loader on my fathers tractor, and next week i'll start working as an engineer at a wheel loader factory... ;)

/ Home made loader #44  
next week i'll start working as an engineer at a wheel loader factory... ;)

That's AWESOME! Is it located close to where you currently live or will you have to relocate and move off the farm?
Congratulations!!

/ Home made loader #45  
That's AWESOME! Is it located close to where you currently live or will you have to relocate and move off the farm?
Congratulations!!

Thanks a lot ;) i'm quite pleased with it myself too !
Because of the shortage of engineers in the market, and the chances i was given, to develop my skills in the previous company i worked for, they gave me this chance... It takes my career to a higher level, a grade higher than my official education... I also have to move up from AutoCAD to 3D engineering software, with which i have only school experience, 5 years ago... I realise i wont get a chance like this a second time, so i decided to grab it with both hands ;) :)

Furthermore, engineering wheel loaders is the best job a farm gearhead could wish ;)

Its located about 50km away from home. However in Holland, there is no tax on compensation for travel cost, up to 19cts per Km... Fuel is about half of that, so for the other 1200 Euro per year i can pay my car and drive my private kilometers for free ;)
So i dont have to leave my "territory" for this job, even though my mother says i'm getting too old to live with mum and dad... On the other hand, my father and brother cant miss my mechanical help on the farm yet ;)

/ Home made loader #48  
To whom it may concern. I recently read an opinion that seamed to display a feeling of superiority do to there accreditation. This elitist had the audacity to suggest that without a degree all subsequent individuals creations would be inferior and subsequently a waste of time and space. I am so sorry for that individual; I dare say it is the desire to create the passion to innovate to think out side that engineering box is to which I place my admiration! Just think what resources you have at your disposal, (financial, education, experience, tools, Facilities etcetera) yet you achieve, build, create and aspire to succeed. Oh my god! Is it possible that maybe you have something of some use to humanity. I know that research and development is a new concept to some and thinking outside the proverbial box is the credo saved exclusively for this particular engineer. Did he ever think about his choice of words or is he so remiss that it isn稚 what we create, it is that we create. In my spare time I work with children in my own community that are labeled by teachers, social workers and the police as 鏑ost causes? The one thing they have in common is they don稚 believe. My success in turning them around is not measured by accolades or their wave from across the way .In essence it is the anticipation of my next challenge, not what I can稚 achieve with my time it is what I want to do for myself that is at issue to build and create no matter what, it is personal! I can buy anything I want but what fun would there be in that .To those of us I say. 適eep up the good work and never let anyone snuff out the desire, passion and love of the chase to create with your mind, body and soul?

/ Home made loader #49  
To whom it may concern. I recently read an opinion that seamed to display a feeling of superiority do to there accreditation. This elitist had the audacity to suggest that without a degree all subsequent individuals creations would be inferior and subsequently a waste of time and space. I am so sorry for that individual; I dare say it is the desire to create the passion to innovate to think out side that engineering box is to which I place my admiration! Just think what resources you have at your disposal, (financial, education, experience, tools, Facilities etcetera) yet you achieve, build, create and aspire to succeed. Oh my god! Is it possible that maybe you have something of some use to humanity. I know that research and development is a new concept to some and thinking outside the proverbial box is the credo saved exclusively for this particular engineer. Did he ever think about his choice of words or is he so remiss that it isn稚 what we create, it is that we create. In my spare time I work with children in my own community that are labeled by teachers, social workers and the police as 鏑ost causes? The one thing they have in common is they don稚 believe. My success in turning them around is not measured by accolades or their wave from across the way .In essence it is the anticipation of my next challenge, not what I can稚 achieve with my time it is what I want to do for myself that is at issue to build and create no matter what, it is personal! I can buy anything I want but what fun would there be in that .To those of us I say. 適eep up the good work and never let anyone snuff out the desire, passion and love of the chase to create with your mind, body and soul?

Hmmm... I like to say: Those who can, try. Those who cant, criticize.
While this is not always true, I find it pretty close.

/ Home made loader #50  
would you be willing to tell me all the steps and measurements you used to build the loader?