Log Splitter?

/ Log Splitter? #2  
what happens when the log dont split? how to you get the bit out of the log? Back it out by hand?

/ Log Splitter? #4  
According to the Craigslist Ad it's $295.

/ Log Splitter? #5  
hankus said:
According to the Craigslist Ad it's $295.

Oops sorry. I read the whole add...somehow missed it in the title:eek:

/ Log Splitter? #6  
That is a new variation of an old splitter. I had what was called the Stickler back in the late 1970's which bolted onto the left rear axle of a car or truck. I think you can still buy them today.

They will split long wood really good. Some people were afraid of them because there was a spinning threaded cone that could grab your clothes if you got in the wrong place. I did almost loose a boot to mine.

There was also a version which attached horizontialy to a 3PH and had a bar to act as a stop for short wood. Should a short piece loose its footing it became like a propeller, a very unbalanced propeller.

Randy

/ Log Splitter? #7  
Yep, just another version of the 'Stickler'. They scared me just looking at them and I wouldn't want to operate one. The Stickler came with a safety cut-off switch that clipped to your clothing. Nope, I don't want anything that comes with something like that.

To be fair, though, I never heard or saw of any reports of someone being hurt with one.

Harry K

/ Log Splitter? #8  
I still have one sitting out back. My wife made me quit using it when a piece of wood broke loose and almost broke both my arms.

/ Log Splitter? #9  
I've seen video of the stickler running with the car wheel. That's kinda scary:eek:

/ Log Splitter? #10  
toolsorbust said:
what happens when the log dont split? how to you get the bit out of the log? Back it out by hand?
That would be one of the few cases where the "ground speed" pto on my MF35 deluxe would come in handy. Just jack up the rear till a wheel comes off the ground and put it in reverse and it will unscrew, or just push the log across the yard while unscrewing it.:D