Building a loft

/ Building a loft
Well I cut the wood instead of the ladder.I just bought the ladder humm..I just bought the wood too:eek:I now have triple 2x4"s along the bottom.Family Handyman magazine,which I subscribe to imagine that,has a great goofs section in the back I think I'll sent it to.
You guessed right.69 427-390hp hardtop convertible under that cover.The previous owner sold the numbers matching eng and trans before anyone could tell him not too:eek: .Car was last tagged and stored in 86.I have a crate 502 and Tremec trans going in it, the guy likes to go fast.

/ Building a loft

Attachments

• house 006.jpg
    house 006.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 193
   / Building a loft #23  
Bones1, looks like a 1969 427 convert
nice car
do ya need a 78 or an 82? I have one of each just waiting for you
Jim
:)

/ Building a loft #24  
bones1 said:
Morning Scott. Building is 30x36x12 tall.I have insulation at the roof now and will test it this winter with a 75,000 btu propane Mr Heater mounted in the ceiling.That's why I built the loft with the built in ladder so I get up there.:D

Propane contains 91,502 btu's per gallon. A 75,000 btu heater will use .8 gallons per hour. In the real world the heater will burn about 50% of the time or .4 gallons per hour. Your heater will consume 9.6 gallons of propane a day, if you leave it on 24/7. At an average cost of $2.00 a gallon that is $19.20 a day to heat your garage or $576.00 a month :eek: .

Installation of insulation should greatly reduce your heating cost at a marginal cost for the insulation. Also, without insulation your metal walls will sweat. If installing insulation make sure you use the plastic wrapped insulation in the walls.

Chris

/ Building a loft
Thanks for the info Chris. I have been kicking the insulation idea around lately.Plastic wrapped, thanks I didn't know what kind to use.
It's 95 degrees here in Maryland now...might not need it if this keeps up:)

/ Building a loft #26  
firefighter9208 said:
Propane contains 91,502 btu's per gallon. A 75,000 btu heater will use .8 gallons per hour. In the real world the heater will burn about 50% of the time or .4 gallons per hour. Your heater will consume 9.6 gallons of propane a day, if you leave it on 24/7. At an average cost of $2.00 a gallon that is $19.20 a day to heat your garage or $576.00 a month :eek: .

Installation of insulation should greatly reduce your heating cost at a marginal cost for the insulation. Also, without insulation your metal walls will sweat. If installing insulation make sure you use the plastic wrapped insulation in the walls.

Chris
It's $3.00 a gallon around here, which is why my shop is unheated. The insulation is something I should do. Why the plastic wrapped suggestion? Just to keep fibers out of the air, or is there more to it?

/ Building a loft #27  
bones1 said:
Thanks for the info Chris. I have been kicking the insulation idea around lately.Plastic wrapped, thanks I didn't know what kind to use.
It's 95 degrees here in Maryland now...might not need it if this keeps up:)

The insulation will also help keep it cool in there during the summer.

Chris

/ Building a loft #28  
SnowRidge said:
It's $3.00 a gallon around here, which is why my shop is unheated. The insulation is something I should do. Why the plastic wrapped suggestion? Just to keep fibers out of the air, or is there more to it?

Check this out:

http://www.naima.org/pages/resources/library/pdf/MB316.PDF

The plastic wrapped insulation has the highest permeability (won't let water through) and being colored white reflects light. It's also pretty tough to tear the plastic and if you do you can repair it with white tape suppplied with the insulation.

Chris

/ Building a loft #29  
Shouldn't fishing with kids be #1. Just wondering