Home-Built Power-Angle for Rear Grader Blade

/ Home-Built Power-Angle for Rear Grader Blade #11  
Looks very professional. Great job!!:D

/ Home-Built Power-Angle for Rear Grader Blade
Thanks to everyone for the kind words!

2ManyRocks, that is a good observation about me working on grading projects, I hadn't even looked at it that way. i don't have a ton of that kind of work, although the Rake Gauge wheels payed for themselves right-away as I cleared and smoothed about 1/4 acre area on the side of our front yard.

I'm just building projects that relate to some of my current equipment and making them more versatile. (When all you have is a hammer, everything starts looking like a nail.) ;)

We have trails in our woods and the rake with gauge wheels really helped smooth them out. We also have some trails that will need grading, so the Power-Angle Rear Blade (PARB) will come in handy for that, as well.
(oh no, not another acronym!) :eek:

The Main Reason for the power-Angle rear blade is for snow.
Have been using that blade for about 20 years now, for snow clearing.
I don't how many times I've gotten off the tractor to manually change the angle using the pin holes. Now the only time I'll have to adjust manually will be when changing from forward/plowing to rear/pushing.
Should be a time saver. :confused:

I actually got ahead of the seasons for once, built the leaf vac during the summer so it would be ready for fall. Built the power-angle for snow, in the fall, so I'm ready for winter.

But now, today, I am splitting and stacking firewood.
Oh my aching back. That's what I'm going back to right now.

later guys!! :D

/ Home-Built Power-Angle for Rear Grader Blade #13  
Hhhmmm...

Man has a proven record playing with hydraulics & steel.

His back hurts from splitting & stacking his firewood.

Can't wait for his next project... :cool:

/ Home-Built Power-Angle for Rear Grader Blade #14  
Good looking project!
I did that to my old grader blade last year, but
it doesn't look anywhere near that good.
Works great for grading our road.
I drew mine up in a CAD drawing to get the dimensions right.

Defective said:
Hhhmmm...

Man has a proven record playing with hydraulics & steel.
His back hurts from splitting & stacking his firewood.
Can't wait for his next project... :cool:

Hey Defective,
man I need a conveyor belt to drop the logs at the base of the splitter, a gravity switch that actuates the splitter, then a big hydraulic flapjack flipper to put em in a stacked pile!

also a chair and a cooler ;)

/ Home-Built Power-Angle for Rear Grader Blade #17  
Hey Skunk,
Very nice job on the hydraulic rear blade. I just love to see the projects you guys come up with and the finished results. You certainly made it very simple and effective. Your workmanship is excellent ... the whole thing turned out great. Do you have an idea of what it weighs?
Have you had it in the dirt or snow yet? Maybe you could add a video of doing that?

3RRL said:
Hey Skunk,
Very nice job on the hydraulic rear blade. I just love to see the projects you guys come up with and the finished results. You certainly made it very simple and effective. Your workmanship is excellent ... the whole thing turned out great. Do you have an idea of what it weighs?
Have you had it in the dirt or snow yet? Maybe you could add a video of doing that?

3RRL, thanks for the kind words!

The added weight was just the steel and weight of the cylinder.
It is an older 6 foot blade that I had cut down to 5 feet, it probably weighs 250# maybe 300#??
The cylinder and steel probably added another 25# or so. not much.
I have gotten in the habit of adding about 75 to 100# on the back of the blade, and get a much better bite when doing so. The lighter blades tend to skip and slide across the top of hard packed dirt.

I played around briefly with it in some dirt, sorry no pics.
Works well, but, of course, you are trying to drive forward, but are looking back while making the adjustments. Still better than stopping to make the angle change! ;) I didn't even try it with balde facing rearward, Doh! :eek:

In Marlyand we could have a blizzard as early as mid-Nov, or, nothing until January. Snow can be an all-or-nothing propostion to us.

The blade unhooked now, I'll see if I can do another video next time I use it.

/ Home-Built Power-Angle for Rear Grader Blade #19  
SkunkWerX said:
also a chair and a cooler ;)

Chair and cooler is real easy, take a look at my gallery, It's in there
link in my signature
Jim
:)

/ Home-Built Power-Angle for Rear Grader Blade #20  
Just one more cylinder for vertical movement and you'll have a pat blade and be able to build gravel roads:)

David