Power bob tach

/ Power bob tach #1  

MrJimi

Elite Member, Rest in Peace
Tractor
Case 1845 C Skid steer
Has anyone ever built one? It's an attachment that will LOCK and UNLOCK the levers that hold the attachment on
and, yes, I'm getting old and lazy :D
Thanks
Jim
:)

/ Power bob tach #2  
My Dad's Case 1845C came with that. It's hydraulic, and operated from the cab with one of the electric switches on the cab cornerpost.

/ Power bob tach
It's over $1,000 from Bobcat :D and it only fits certain model Bobcats, looks like a switch and a hydraulic cylinder that attaches to levers?
looks easy to make, I'm always wrong :D
Thanks
Jim

/ Power bob tach #4  
I have a bobtach on my skid steer. Operates by a switch in the cab. Doesn't have too much force so can't bend/brake anything if it doesn't engage. It also has a constant slow flow to the cylinder to keep it in the attached postion. If I open it and take too much time before I put on another attachment, it will slowly return to the attached/closed postion. It is designed that way to ensure the attachment remains on the loader.
It does tend to spoil me. Especially with cab ac/heat. Closing and opening the door for different attachments gets old.

/ Power bob tach #5  
How hard can it be to stuff 2 little cylinders, a valve and some hoses into the machine? :rolleyes:

Seriously tho...

If I recall correctly what I saw last time I looked close at a Bobcat, you should be able to mount the smallest cylinders you can find in beside the existing latches & connect with a simple bar. (hhhmmm... center the cylinder & just run a bar across to both latches???) I can't recall if the latches had some kind of release to deal with...

As for the switch, I wouldn't mess around with an electric solenoid type. Just mount a normal valve someplace convenient.

Whole job shouldn't take more than half a day including coffee breaks.

/ Power bob tach #6  
Just had a thought.

Seems to me those latches are spring-loaded.

This makes it even simpler. Use single-acting cylinder(s) & a valve that'll let the cylinder(s) drain back. Only one hose to the front. :cool:

/ Power bob tach
Defective said:
Just had a thought.

This makes it even simpler. Use single-acting cylinder(s) & a valve that'll let the cylinder(s) drain back. Only one hose to the front. :cool:

Yes they are, it's on a cam, push so hard to get it over hump then they lock in

/ Power bob tach #8  
Defective said:
Just had a thought.

It will require a 2 way cylinder. The springs are only for the final push to wedge and lock the pins in place. The springs will not fully open the latches and therefore, a 2 way cylinder is required. The newer bobcat skid steers are set up for the addition of power bob tach if required or come factory installed.

Defective:
I agree the tilt tach should not be that expensive (but that goes for most skid steer equipment.) It actually only has one small cylinder, rather than 2. No valve. They are however, very heavy duty. Big skid steers with tracks which push hard and lots of lift won't hurt them. It looks kind of small for the amount of weight until you try to move one.

/ Power bob tach #9  
MrJimi said:
Has anyone ever built one? It's an attachment that will LOCK and UNLOCK the levers that hold the attachment on
and, yes, I'm getting old and lazy :D
Thanks
Jim

Check out the Power Trac forum. Our quick attach system uses one cylinder connected to a two way valve. You'd have to get someone to take close-up pictures of it, but that could probably be arranged. ;)