QUICK HITCH HOOKED UP IN LOADER BUCKET..

/ QUICK HITCH HOOKED UP IN LOADER BUCKET.. #1  

escavader

Veteran Member
Tractor
bx-23 ,
...3 POINT blade mounted to it.Will it work moving snow.Will it work ok in the float position?It so happens one of the tractor by net friends found out i was buying a harbor freight quick hitch,and gave me his,now i got two.
I was thinking angle blade make a pass up the drive.back up and blow it with rear blower.Could also use my rake without uninstalling back hoe in summer.[or blade on back ,rake on front? could even aid in storing implements up on shelves in garage.What do you think?
ALAN

/ QUICK HITCH HOOKED UP IN LOADER BUCKET.. #2  
Alan,

It wouldn't cost too much to try. Things that I would be concerned about:

If you have the snow blade mounted far enough forward of the bucket to allow for tilt, it is WAY out in front. I've had my tractor pushed sideways with a normally positioned rear angle blade in heavy, wet snow. In your case, the side force is magnified by the extra extension of your blade.

That extra overhang will work against you in grading as well. It seems like contemporary FELs have the cutting edge almost one wheel base forward of the front axle. That means every time the rear tires go up an inch, the blade digs an inch deeper. Putting the attachment out there another 4 feet or so adds to the problem unless you have gage wheels or backdrag in float mode.

John

/ QUICK HITCH HOOKED UP IN LOADER BUCKET.. #3  
Alan,
Whatever you do, include pictures :D .

/ QUICK HITCH HOOKED UP IN LOADER BUCKET..
JOHN,
The primary use for the blade up front would be moving light amounts of snow on frozen ground.In heavy or wet snow,id simply blow it.Another reason id like to have a blade on board is on the long tractor path down back ,there are some pretty good ditches.Im afraid if i try to get too close i could slide in one.Could mean roll over.With a wide blade i might clean to the edge of the ditch without having the tires near it. Think it might work for this purpose?Iguess since i got two quick hitches i could try it,and then decide on a blower [front or rear] Its all up in the air now,the cabs coming first,mabey by the time i get it done ill decide what my set up should be.I know the front blower and rear blade is probably the best bet,id just like to have my loader on in the winters we get.The other thing is down the road a peice when i run out of uses for a back hoe,i might trade up for a bigger cabbed tractor,and if i get a rear pto blower now ill always have it for that.If i get a small front blower sized for my bx it probably wont work on the new one.
My landscape rake ought to work up front with the wheels kit ,and the float on my kubota.
ALAN

shvl73 said:
Alan,
Whatever you do, include pictures :D .
HI TORIN,
I wouldnt want to make the guy who gave me the hitch,want to go get one for his bucket:D :D :D .Did you get much snow? We got about a foot i guess.
ALAN

/ QUICK HITCH HOOKED UP IN LOADER BUCKET.. #6  
Sounds like a great idea to me, I'd go for it Alan.
Now one thing I'm not clear on, is that you will mount this on the fel minus your bucket, right? To the QA of your fel? Or is this going to mount in front of your bucket somehow?

/ QUICK HITCH HOOKED UP IN LOADER BUCKET.. #7  
escavader said:
HI TORIN,
I wouldnt want to make the guy who gave me the hitch,want to go get one for his bucket:D :D :D .Did you get much snow? We got about a foot i guess.
ALAN
We only got 8"+, a little early but, easily dealt with.

/ QUICK HITCH HOOKED UP IN LOADER BUCKET.. #8  
You mean something like this?

Attachments

• Front Mount QH hang tag-Front.jpg
    Front Mount QH hang tag-Front.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 994
  • Front Mount QH hang tag-Back.jpg
    Front Mount QH hang tag-Back.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 707
3RRL said:
Sounds like a great idea to me, I'd go for it Alan.
Now one thing I'm not clear on, is that you will mount this on the fel minus your bucket, right? To the QA of your fel? Or is this going to mount in front of your bucket somehow?
Rob,
My loader bucket isnt quick attach.Iwas thinking mount it in my bucket some how.There are two holes where my tooth bar goes could do others.Well i was thinking whatever i weld to it,ill have it so its held in there with hitch pins or lynch pins
ALAN

chadincolo said:
You mean something like this?
Thats what id be doing,yet in the loader bucket.
ALAN