Putting a pick-up bed on my F-550

/ Putting a pick-up bed on my F-550 #101  
Jim
It won't matter which way you turn your bolts with that air wrench, they ARE coming off!!:D
Get yourself a reducer to 3/4 drive and be gentle to it
Ken

/ Putting a pick-up bed on my F-550 #102  
I am still wondering about the outcome of the eyeball picture...
David from jax

/ Putting a pick-up bed on my F-550
sandman2234 said:
I am still wondering about the outcome of the eyeball picture...
David from jax

I went last week and doc said all is fine and clouding is gone, thanks for asking david

:)

/ Putting a pick-up bed on my F-550 #104  
Ford F-550 rims can be a bear to get off. The center of rim is an interference fit, the lugs just hold the rim on. My tire shop uses a torque stick to tighten them after using the gun. It's worse up here in New England,road salt, grime gets in there and the wheels will seize to the axle,tire shop just bought an expensive puller made to force the rims off when stuck, I drive a 550 for the highway dept, plowing and sanding the roads. There was a recall for crank position sensors, our truck was at dealers for two days getting it fixed. Oil pans can be a problem on 7.3 ,Ford advises painting the pan or replacement pan to prolong it. Our truck is on it's second pan, besides that ,I like the truck especially the powerstroke.......And finally I hope you get better, Mr Jimi. plowking

/ Putting a pick-up bed on my F-550
Do you mean these oil pans rust from the outside? like a car body?
I've never heard of that, must be a New England thing :D

/ Putting a pick-up bed on my F-550 #107  
I've heard that this is a somewhat common problem on the Powerstrokes, don't know about the other engines offered. I've got 344K on my 96 F350 that I bought new, on the original oil pan and it looks good too.

/ Putting a pick-up bed on my F-550 #108  
Hey Mr Jimi... wondering how yer project is goin'.... get yer last bed mount figured out? What about the fenders on the rear?

/ Putting a pick-up bed on my F-550 #110  
Sounds like a fun project to say the least, in order to get it the way you want. I would think an aluminum flatbed with a dump would be too cool for it, but it isn't my truck, so I don't get a say.
David from jax
You and me have the same idea about "cool"