3 point carry all, build or buy?

/ 3 point carry all, build or buy? #11  
Iowachild said:
ovrszd,

As shown in the second picture, that's the oddest exhaust stack I have ever seen.:D

Seriously, Great looking project!

That's what you call a "smokehouse"! ;)

/ 3 point carry all, build or buy? #12  
I can't help it either...Oversize how much use does this machine get during nesting season?:D

Get looking job, EL.

/ 3 point carry all, build or buy? #13  
I built mine but it was because I knew what I wanted to do with it would destroy any other I had seen. Mine is made of 2x2x1/4 with a 2x4 main beam. I welded in 3/4" homemade 3 point hitch mounts and the bracing is 3/8. I know it has lifted enough that a massy 35 with a front loader popped a wheelie until it finally pulled the car I chained to it out!

/ 3 point carry all, build or buy? #14  
ovrszd said:
I built mine. Have no idea how much it cost me. I was more concerned about building something that would take a beating. This one works for me.

Sorry I don't have plans, just made it up as I went along.

Nice! OK what's the 90 all about?

/ 3 point carry all, build or buy? #15  
HJT said:
I need a light duty, 300-500 lb rating, carry all to mount my 25 gal sprayer on. Have a BX2350 Kubota. I see them for 65-125 dollars. American farmland has a good one for 65 +freight. Anyone built one, or have most bought one? Anyone have set of plans for one? Harry

I think you have to want to do it, everything I build I can buy cheaper.
Heck I'm not sure you can do a good paint job for $65.00

/ 3 point carry all, build or buy? #16  
As JC said.. unless you have all the metal for free, and a welder.. it may be easier to buy.

I got my carryall back when TSC had them for 49$... love it..

soundguy

/ 3 point carry all, build or buy? #17  
Search for 'carryall' in the forums. There's loads of ideas, pictures and suggestions. This thread is good for instance, CarryAll, how to make one? or, where to buy one? - TractorByNet.com but it's only one of many. Yeah, they're are lots of reason's to just plunk down the cash and get something ready-made, but once you see what others have thought up, you may not be happy with a couple of chunks of angle iron sticking out behind your rig. You probably will spend more than $65, spend a couple of weekends working on it and probably make something a whole lot better than what the feed store sells too. Scope out all the options before you go store bought.

/ 3 point carry all, build or buy? #18  
I bought 2 of the TSC carryalls and use them all of the time. I lengthened the tines on one of them and use them as pallet forks to move firewood (on pallets). I angled the ends of the 12" extensions to help enter the pallet. I couldn't live without mine and for $90 or whatever I paid, they are very useful. They would be made heavier if I made them myself but are stronger than anything my 3ph can lift so they work very well for me. I also drilled a hole in the end to attach a ball hitch to pull the log splitter with a pallet on the carryall.

/ 3 point carry all, build or buy? #19  
JC-jetro said:
Looks great!! how do you keep the tilt bed from staying tilted ? Do you have a pin or something to keep it horizontal during transport?

Jc,

dsc01088xk8.jpg

Good point. Should have added this picture. I totally forgot about a latch mechanism until I dumped a load of firewood. Necessity being the driving force ya know. So I went back in the shop and added this latch on one side. Then after I noticed the twist I was putting on the box with just one latch, I added a second on the other side. Ultimate goal is a hydraulic dump cylinder after I get rear remotes added to the tractor.

I never noticed the birdhouse smokestack until someone else mentioned it the first time I posted that picture. I couldn't have shot that better if I tried!!! :p

Attachments

• DSC01091.JPG
    DSC01091.JPG
    182.1 KB · Views: 1,972
   / 3 point carry all, build or buy? #20  
ovrszd,
That is one sweet dump/carry all you made. Adding the hydraulic dump cylinder will make it perfect.
Outstanding work!