Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat 553, 773, S185, Nh LS 160

Default Re: Homemade Pallet Forks

Originally Posted by Rio_Grande

Lastly If you are near southeastern Indiana I have a distributor that sells brand new 48" pallet forks (real ones like you use on a forklift) for 150.00 a set (that is 2)

Do you have contact info/email?
    Ken
    Dealer for Erskine ATI Wallenstein Baumalight Tracks Plus Dexter Axels & Wix.

NH LS 160, Tn75da, Bobcat 773 S185 Longlist of Attachments
    www.skidsteerforum.com
    Location http://www.tagzania.com/item/21497
    NW Ontario

Platinum Member

I have had several requests on this. I am not sure how manny sets he has or can get. I do know there is a limited quantity.

The company who has them is Stone's Farm Equiptment their contact info is 921 East Main Street

Greensburg, IN 47240

(812) 663-3787

They were great to deal with. I got my entire set of forks with backing plate and qa ready to go for around 500. I have heard the price went up to 550 with the newest shipment. He buys them several pallets at a time.

As for the forks. They were priced to me for 150 a pair. HE had 42" in stock and said he could get them in 46 or 48 I can't remember.
    I hope this helps you guys out.

The cheapest ready to go pallet forks I could find with a QA were 650 but i needed 4000lb forks.

Jeff

Tractor
    JD 4200

I bought these at a consignment sale for $85. The pins, hooks and re-enforcing straps were around $63 from JD. The channel was bought at an estate sale. I figure all together they cost around $160.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2001 JD 4200, 420 loader, HF Quick Hitch, bucket boom, back blade, boom pole, forks, carry-all, moldboard plow, middle buster, receiver hitch, post hole digger.

My Pics
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/photos/s...0/ppuser/33421

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Ford 1920 4x4 (traded in on Kubota). Case 480F TLB w/4 in 1 bucket, 4x4. Gehl CTL60 tracked loader, Kubota L4330 GST

Quote Originally Posted by wedge40
    I live up by bloomington and I'd be interested in learning more of the $500 pallet fork attachment. Right now it's a toss up getting a FEL grapple or Pallet fork attachment. I'd still have to spend about $200 to get a quick attach bracket from koyker. I need to get one and take it to a weld shop to see if they can make em cheaper.. I'm sure they probably can.

You can post here or send me a private message.

Wedge
    Hi Wedge,

I'm from Bloomington too. About 2 months ago I bought a pair of 42 inch forks from the metal salvage place on Rogers St. (BIM?) for $75. They are slightly weathered but appear to have never been used and all they need is some lube on the spring loaded lock pins. They had about 5 identical pairs left at that time. I was going to make a frame but Markham Welding sells frames separately (even though its not shown on their web site) for $200 each plus $105 shipping. Others here report that Markhams' products are top notch. She said they are 16 inches vertically between the mounting rails. The grooves on the forks measure 16 3/8" so the frame and forks are probably compatible. Anyway, its a long shot but if this solution interests you, shipping two frames probably wouldn't be much more that one frame...

John

Elite Member
    Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    Case 1845 C Skid steer

Has anyone clicked on the sites at the top of this thread? I found this one
    http://www.forkliftpartssupply.com/h...FTgrOAodiUvBXw

Jim
    Click here for my current weather

Case 1845C with dirt bucket, forks, 3 point quick hitch on the front, 30'. boom, 6 & 1/2 foot disc harrow, 5 foot Howse RC, root and tree bucket and Grouser tracks and a Ford F-550 pick up,7.3 Turbo with Auto and a Crosley 25' X 8'.6" X 14 K D/O trailer.
    PDF files don't like me !!
    Making a F-550 Pick Up thread
    My Gallery
    My other Gallery
    Revielle video here
    Dear Eliot

Tractor
    2x Kubota M108S, M105S, 2x M9000, IH885, IH584, IH484, IH454, F3000

$182 for 42" didn't seem too bad until I read "sold per each", meaning $365/pair without frame. Then again, the QA pair with rear safety frame I got for my M9000 was about $1400.

Been thinking about a 3pt hitch forklift setup though, and I've got a spare frame sitting in my junkpile that I could add 3pt pins to. Mebbe I should call the local used forklift ripoff artists and see how cheap I can get some used forks?

Platinum Member

Our local scrapyards want 150 for the good ones and 75 for broken ones. Too expensive and most were much heavier than I need.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc
    Hi Wedge,

I'm from Bloomington too. About 2 months ago I bought a pair of 42 inch forks from the metal salvage place on Rogers St. (BIM?) for $75. They are slightly weathered but appear to have never been used and all they need is some lube on the spring loaded lock pins. They had about 5 identical pairs left at that time. I was going to make a frame but Markham Welding sells frames separately (even though its not shown on their web site) for $200 each plus $105 shipping. Others here report that Markhams' products are top notch. She said they are 16 inches vertically between the mounting rails. The grooves on the forks measure 16 3/8" so the frame and forks are probably compatible. Anyway, its a long shot but if this solution interests you, shipping two frames probably wouldn't be much more that one frame...

John
    Didn't know BIM was still in business. I usually go to JB salvage.. I haven't really looked for any of these, since I'm in the middle of getting a backhoe working on my tractor. I'd probably work with you and getting a QA from Markham, but if you look at the attached photo I happen to have a what appears to be a proprietary type attachment. I called Koyker in December an was quoted about $180 including shipping cost. I'd like order two of these. One to use on the Pallet frame or what ever, and another to have around in case I need more. I like to take one of QAs to a weld shop and see what they would charge to weld one up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1967 Ford 4000,Mahindra 4530 with FEL and BH, Box blade, straight blade, FEL, Rake, Bushhog, Backhoe, Jinma chipper, KKII tiller, Grapple. Mahindra 4530, with FEL and Backhoe.

Quote Originally Posted by wedge40
    Didn't know BIM was still in business. I usually go to JB salvage.. I haven't really looked for any of these, since I'm in the middle of getting a backhoe working on my tractor. I'd probably work with you and getting a QA from Markham, but if you look at the attached photo I happen to have a what appears to be a proprietary type attachment. I called Koyker in December an was quoted about $180 including shipping cost. I'd like order two of these. One to use on the Pallet frame or what ever, and another to have around in case I need more. I like to take one of QAs to a weld shop and see what they would charge to weld one up.
    My bad.. I just read your message closer, any you're talking about the frame that the forks hook to not the QA frame.
    That would make about $600 QA pallet fork. Not bad. Let me mull it over and keep me posted to what you decide.

I'm actually not in Bloomington proper, but I live out by Lake Lemon.

Wedge
    1967 Ford 4000,Mahindra 4530 with FEL and BH, Box blade, straight blade, FEL, Rake, Bushhog, Backhoe, Jinma chipper, KKII tiller, Grapple. Mahindra 4530, with FEL and Backhoe.

Elite Member
    Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    Case 1845 C Skid steer

I recently bought a set of real pallet forks to use on my boom pole to be able to lift higher and if they aren't too heavy they will work. They are 42" long and 4" wide and have the fork backing plate with them and are the ( lift a lever and flip down ) to adjust the width
    wish me luck with them
    Jim
    Click here for my current weather

Case 1845C with dirt bucket, forks, 3 point quick hitch on the front, 30'. boom, 6 & 1/2 foot disc harrow, 5 foot Howse RC, root and tree bucket and Grouser tracks and a Ford F-550 pick up,7.3 Turbo with Auto and a Crosley 25' X 8'.6" X 14 K D/O trailer.
    PDF files don't like me !!
    Making a F-550 Pick Up thread
    My Gallery
    My other Gallery
    Revielle video here
    Dear Eliot

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast