Snowplow mounted to QA plate

/ Snowplow mounted to QA plate #1  

gpd9780

Hello everyone from Snow covered Vermont. I've been reading this site for a year but have never contributed til now. After researching how others have adapted truck plows to tractors, I finally finished my project to mount a 7.5 ft. Meyers plow onto my Montana R4344. Here are a few pics of the finished product (before it started snowing heavily). Blade angle is accomplished by simply using the existing rear hydraulic valves and running the 3/8 in. lines to the plow. I installed 2 in line flow control valves which help slow down the speed of the power angle. So far the rig works great. The only thing I might add are tire chains since I push uphill on a long driveway. The blade pitch, blade angle, and loader frame height take a little practice to allow the plow to float properly but I now feel I have acquired the right "touch" and feels automatic. The plow shoes have now been removed since the ground is frozen and that allows me to scrape a little cleaner.

Attachments

• DSC_1553.jpg
    DSC_1553.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 1,244
  • DSC_1554.jpg
    DSC_1554.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 856
  • DSC_1557.jpg
    DSC_1557.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 761
  • DSC_1558.jpg
    DSC_1558.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 747
  • DSC_1571.jpg
    DSC_1571.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 802
   / Snowplow mounted to QA plate #2  
very nice job on fabbing up plow set up.

very nice barn , I'd love one like that!!

/ Snowplow mounted to QA plate #3  
Very nice job! I also love the barn. I just need some snow to plow!!! :D

We've had an inch since I bought the plow!!!

Did I mention I love the barn?

DSC_7197.jpg

DSC_7196.jpg

/ Snowplow mounted to QA plate #4  
Nice work !!

Looks like you can remove the plow, and attach a three point impliment ?

/ Snowplow mounted to QA plate #5  
I've got a QA plate coming today. I've been trying to figure out how to attach the "tabs" or "ears" for the plow to the plate. I like your tubing approach, which should add plenty of strength. Is the second set of tubing and tabs for another application?

Thanks

/ Snowplow mounted to QA plate #6  
Nice Job, any more pics of the Barn that is nice.

Shane

/ Snowplow mounted to QA plate
Hello
To those of you who have asked what the second set of mounting tabs are, they are there to mount additional 3PTH accessories (landscape rake,woodsplitter, etc). The tabs are adjustable and slide over the lower 3pth impliment pins. The verticle post doubles as the top link connection point as well as holding the 3/4" pin for the snowplow chain. I figured when we were welding it up it was best to do it at the same time and locate it just above the snowplow mount.

/ Snowplow mounted to QA plate #8  
gpd9780 said:
Hello
To those of you who have asked what the second set of mounting tabs are, they are there to mount additional 3PTH accessories (landscape rake,woodsplitter, etc). The tabs are adjustable and slide over the lower 3pth impliment pins. The verticle post doubles as the top link connection point as well as holding the 3/4" pin for the snowplow chain. I figured when we were welding it up it was best to do it at the same time and locate it just above the snowplow mount.
Great idea! Sure seemed a shame to have a perfectly good QA adapter sitting around all summer. Do you happen to have any measurements handy? Length of the verticle post, spacing between 3pt tab pin holes?

Thanks

/ Snowplow mounted to QA plate #9  
Outstanding work! I especially like the multi-use mounting plate idea. I'm with the others and would love to see some more pics of the barn.

Good job and thanks for posting.

/ Snowplow mounted to QA plate #10  
Runner said:
Outstanding work! I especially like the multi-use mounting plate idea. I'm with the others and would love to see some more pics of the barn.

Good job and thanks for posting.

Ditto. I hope you don't mind, but I'll be stealing your idea for the 3pt. (you just caused me to not buy the harbor freight quick hitch :) )