My first project

/ My first project #1  

Hookblock

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 4310
These are some pictures of the first project for my tractor, adding some counter weight to my 4310. One scrap bridge bearing pad 2.25" by 24" by 41" = about 625#. Some scrap angle, rod, and 2x4's. Cost about 10.00 for primer and paint.

Attachments

• trees08-copy.jpg
    trees08-copy.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 1,187
  • trees13-copy.jpg
    trees13-copy.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 955
  • trees12-copy.jpg
    trees12-copy.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 894
   / My first project #2  
Should be all the weight you need, is it for plowing or loader work?

/ My first project #4  
Hookblock said:
These are some pictures of the first project for my tractor, adding some counter weight to my 4310. One scrap bridge bearing pad 2.25" by 24" by 41" = about 625#. Some scrap angle, rod, and 2x4's. Cost about 10.00 for primer and paint.
Ooh, that is awesome. Great idea!

/ My first project #5  
Makes for a heck of a rear bumper..

/ My first project #6  
Looks great.. the only concern I have if you have to drop the rear weight off anywhere but perfectly flat... is it tippy? How stable is it if you bump in to it a bit hard?

JC,

/ My first project
Thanks for the feed back, It was a fun project to work on.

JB4310 Should be all the weight you need, is it for plowing or loader work?

Its for plowing,loader,forks,traction,and...........

JC-jetro Looks great.. the only concern I have if you have to drop the rear weight off anywhere but perfectly flat... is it tippy? How stable is it if you bump in to it a bit hard?

JC,

I was concerned about it tipping also, but it has been very forgiving. The only flat spot is the garage floor, and the drive way. So I have gotten faster at the unlevel hook up when I need to. With the I match I can use the top center hook to catch the top of the weight, and move it to a better spot.

/ My first project #8  
With the I match I can use the top center hook to catch the top of the weight, and move it to a better spot.

Good point:) Again great job. I guess your implement will outlast your tractor:D

Jc,

/ My first project #9  
Hiya,

Nice job, very compact, easy storage. Just the ticket to get a little more room in the shed.

I don't dare build one though, my daughter would be taping targets to it and it would have .22 splatters all over it inside of a week... Yep, give a girl a pink rifle and it's all over. :rolleyes:

Tom

/ My first project #10  
Hookblock said:
With the I match I can use the top center hook to catch the top of the weight, and move it to a better spot.

Put it on a furniture dolly, which is what I did with my ballast box. Makes life so much easier.