Harbor Freight paint guns?

/ Harbor Freight paint guns? #1  

charlz

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B7100D
I see Harbor Freight has some paint guns in their ad. I was thinking I should get one for painting implements I make, maybe a tractor some day. Anybody use their paint guns? Which one(s)? Are theirs any good? What to look for in a paint gun? I have never actually used one so.....

Thanks!

Charles

/ Harbor Freight paint guns? #2  
I do not have any of the paint guns. But the other day I was looking around and came across this forum about Habor Freight tools. Much info on their stuff.

Harbor Freight - WeldingWeb™ - Professional Welding Forum

And this link is to a "HF tools that don't stink". There is a mention that the paint guns are good.

HF tools that don't suck - WeldingWeb™ - Professional Welding Forum

I bought one of their 8 gallon air compressors several years ago. Can't kill it so I can get a better one. When I'm using my plasma cutter it runs continous and sometimes overheats, shutsoff. But then it comes back on after a few minutes. No I don't have the HF plasma cutter. Mine is a Miller...

/ Harbor Freight paint guns? #3  
jim I have bought a lot of paint ,nail,and other tools from harbor freight and found that if you check the sales items list most times you can buy the same product at a little lower cost, and find some good buys , I haven't had many problems with the tools I buy , but you get what you pay for!! not to bad.

/ Harbor Freight paint guns? #4  
Charles, I buy and use harbor freight paint guns regularly. The quality isn't great, but I just use them 4 or 5 times and through them in my alum can. I rinse them out with paint thinner for the first few uses and leave the thinner in the guns to mix with the next paint. I don't claim to be a pro and don't want anyone to think I am. You get what you pay for and in my case I pay for a paint gun I can use and then throw it out. At 9 or 10 bucks each I can't afford to clean them to many times, and I have found that a new cheap gun will paint as good as I can. HTH, later, Nat

/ Harbor Freight paint guns? #5  
I get HF catalogues in the mail and just found out that the store will honor the price if it is lower than the in store or the price in the flyers in the store. I thought they were for order only.

/ Harbor Freight paint guns? #6  
I use their 2 quart pressure pot gun, works great.

/ Harbor Freight paint guns? #7  
It wasn't HF but a number of years ago the patent on one of the DeVilibiss guns ran out and I believe a copy was produced in Japan, well I bought one and it has been great. When I needed parts I bought DeVilibiss parts and they matched.

/ Harbor Freight paint guns? #8  
I have had very good results with the $40 HVLP gravity feed gun and the $8 touchup gun. Cant be beat for the value aspect.

/ Harbor Freight paint guns? #9  
I use The Harbor Freight Model 43430 HVLP gun with very good results after following the setup information I found on a website.(See link Below) Bought mine on sale for $40.00. Never used a spray gun before, always rattle cans, but wanted better coverage, and more choice of paints.This gun and the setup info simplified the learning curve.
HVLP Spray Gun Setup

/ Harbor Freight paint guns? #10  
I used this gun to re-paint a tandem axle trailer and it worked great. At least for this gun, if you clean it up good, it is perfect for this type of painting. The other nice bonus is that it has its own built in blower (compressor) ... If I recall I paid around $40 for this unit

Attachments

• HVLP.gif
    HVLP.gif
    7.8 KB · Views: 801