3 Point Hitch Fork Attachment

/ 3 Point Hitch Fork Attachment #1  

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

Bronze Member
Here is my recent project. I am gonna make a fork lift attachment for my 3 point hitch so I can pick stuff up and use it as sort of a weight box also. Here is what I have so far. I have the edges all tack welded. All I have to do is weld it thoroughly. And I have to find metal for the forks. Anyone have any ideas. I am gonna try and find square tubing like 2x2x1/4 and use that but if I can anyone have any ideas?

0001499mediumaf1.jpg

0001500mediumja7.jpg

/ 3 Point Hitch Fork Attachment #2  
Maybe just more of that same angle iron you used to make the frame with, those carry alls that you buy are built like that. just set that frame on the two angles so to wrap the bottom corner of the frame, then you would have the most surface area to weld, the only problem with that is the sharp side of the angle would be up instead of the flat part.
Maybe some real forks from a scrap yard.
Good luck,

/ 3 Point Hitch Fork Attachment #3  
I built one I use for a carry all. It is made of 2x2x1/4 wall tube. mounted on 2x4x1/4. It will lift up the front of a car without issues. I don't know how much you can put on it but it is a good amount.

Jeff

/ 3 Point Hitch Fork Attachment #4  
you can use 4 or 5 inch c channel, then weld flat metal on the top. Be sure to cut the sides near the end of the c-ch. at an angle so you can have a point at the end.

Last edited: