Tine bucket insert

/ Tine bucket insert #1  

arrow

Tractor
Mahindra 3016
Rock buckets for my tractor (JD 750) approach $1000. Plus I'd have to take it on and off for snow plowing or wood gathering as both can happen in the same season. I have an idea for a bucket insert that is not quite a rock bucket but a little more than a toothbar. If I knew how to post a drawing, I'd give the picture here but I do not have any Adobe Draw software. My problem is I do not have the tools to fabricate this idea and was wondering if anyone knew of anyone in this type of custom business that would be cost effective in farming out the fabrication (That may be an oxymoron).

/ Tine bucket insert #2  
Even your local steel shops will cut and bend custom pieces for you when provided with a decent drawing. But I have seen several shops on the web that will do this as well.

My machine is similar and the loader is probably the same model 70. While I'm sure it will pick more than the rated 600lbs, its not much more. So just be mindfull of the amount of weight added and the distance from the bucket pins. I had heavy clamp on forks and a pallet on this fall for moving bulky items from our shop to the trailers we loaded. I could load two truck tires on and max out my lift capacity. With forks on, the load would have been about two feet closer to the pins and I know it would have lifted 3 or 4 with no problems.

/ Tine bucket insert
The loader on the 750 is rated to 800# it is the 67 loader that when attached to the 650-670 became 480 and 550 repectively. I understand this loader will go to 1100 with a turn of a screw. The only screw I see is on the diverter valve itself so I do not know how to up it. I would think yours is the same way.

I live in a rural area . The last time I dropped something off to the local welder, it took one year for me to get it back so I am not thrilled about taking my idea locally. did you have any web sites in mind who do this?

/ Tine bucket insert #4  
arrow, If there's no possibility of you building this insert yourself or contracting it built locally you might try contacting Markam Welding. They are a quality outfit that's done a lot of business here. Maybe you can work out a deal to make one for you from your drawings. If your design has merit maybe they'd want to add it to their line in exchange for ...?
Adding some info to your profile might get you more regional information. MikeD74T

/ Tine bucket insert #5  
I just finished making a set of tines for the bucket on my BX1800 Kubota.
They work great for picking up firewood, brush etc. If I force it into a wood pile I can get more on the bucket than it wants to lift. The tines stick out of the bucket about 16". I have never posted pictures to this website, if you want some I can maybe figure out how. Bucket is 48" wide, 7 tines made of 1" stressproof rod, (harder to bend) , 1-1/2" square tubing with 1" holes drilled through for tines to be welded in place. Brackets on each end that bolt to the sides of the bucket.

Last edited: