Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 2210

Default Got Bored

Currently laid-off, winter borden, and all the reall bad influences here!!! LOL
    Click on pictures for larger view

The modified drawbar lacked in some areas. The tubing is 2x2x1/4" and plate is 1/4" also. The trailer receiver is a HF item.

Santa sent me a HF 3000 lb winch for Xmas. I got around to making the portable mount for it. 2x2x1/4 tubing and 3/8 angle iron. Over kill, but I didn't want things airborne.

Finally got a small toolbox. Some all tractors SHOULD come with. I relocated the seatbelt holder also.

Next building landscape/dethatcher rake. BTW, does anyone know where I can buy 12" long double spring tines with a single bolt mount? No implement dealer up here can get them.

Tractor
    PowerTrac 1850

Default Re: Got Bored

Really nice stuff. I looked through your whole album and all the other things you put together look great.. Jealous...
    Power-Trac 1850, grapple, hoe, 90" mower, 72" box blade

Very nice quality workmanship!

I did a Google on Tedder tines. The first hit was;

Kuhn Tedder Tines

Is this the type you are looking for? If not combine pickups or hay rakes should have tines that will suit your purpose.

I made a rake for the three point using this type of tine. I'd post a picture but you and many others will get a laugh out of the construction. It's not to your standards.

Ah heck, they been seen before.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Egon
    50 years behind the times
    Livin in a
    Worn out skin bag filled with rattlin bones

Gold Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 2210

Thanks Guys! I got my 15 year longtime wish, A welding class and a MIG

Egon thanks for the link. I have been searching on here hi and low!! Those are just a bit $$$ for me. I did find a double spring tine at the JD today after asking again!!! They wanted to sell me a landscape rake. I picked up one tine for $2.01 to play with. It will work well butting it up on the flat of some angle, bolting it ,and stay there without walking. The only problem is they are about 5 inches tall. I would like to find something 7" or longer and cheap. If it exist!!!!

Dan

There should be all different kinds out there at different prices. The stiffer they get the more you pay.
    Egon
    50 years behind the times
    Livin in a
    Worn out skin bag filled with rattlin bones

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX24

excelagator, Nice looking modifications. At least your boredom is going to a good cause.

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

I'm in the process of making a dethatcher right now. I just finished the drawings for it. I will be mounting the thing to the front of my Honda 4514 tractor as it has a bagger on it. I will make a mount for my BX24 in time, but I want to get the bagger before that happens.

CADD programs are great! This dethatcher is a little different then what you would normally see, but it will work.

I purchased my Rake Tines from Shoup Manufacturing, google it, they have all kinds of tines, and they are not that expensive either.

The file is a Zipped DWG file from Autocad. I dont have the software to convert it to a pdf file or I would.

Craig
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Honda is truly the best on earth, but Kubota is coming a close second!
    Remember - you get the government you deserve and voted for!!
    OBAMA - One Big Ass Mistake America

Gold Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 2210

Quote Originally Posted by Shmudda
    I'm in the process of making a dethatcher right now. I just finished the drawings for it. I will be mounting the thing to the front of my Honda 4514 tractor as it has a bagger on it. I will make a mount for my BX24 in time, but I want to get the bagger before that happens.

CADD programs are great! This dethatcher is a little different then what you would normally see, but it will work.

I purchased my Rake Tines from Shoup Manufacturing, google it, they have all kinds of tines, and they are not that expensive either.

The file is a Zipped DWG file from Autocad. I dont have the software to convert it to a pdf file or I would.

Craig

All man, you have a bagger!!

I have been using Google Sketchup for some drawing somethings up. Autocad I don't have the patience!!!

I did drive south and went to Wisconsin tractor owners favorite place, Fleet and Farm or Farm and Fleet depending where you are. I picked up 32 7 inch tines for .98 cents each. and 3/8" grade 8 bolts. I will probably get out tonight and start the drilling.

Tractor
    Kubota 5030HSTC

Great job on your projects!
    Winter will pass... sooner than you think... and hopefully these excellent projects will keep you from becoming too bored and all too soon you will be too busy with a job to get the projects completed
    Joy is having the tools you need and needing the tools you have!

Kubota 5030 HSTC, BB, Danueser PHD, LA853 QA HD FEL w JD toothbar, 3pt chisel, 3 pt disk, 6' shredder, Kubota FEL hay spike, 3pt hay fork w carryall, Kubota RTV 1140

Gold Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 2210

Quote Originally Posted by texasjohn
    Great job on your projects!
    Winter will pass... sooner than you think... and hopefully these excellent projects will keep you from becoming too bored and all too soon you will be too busy with a job to get the projects completed

Winter is a little long for me being a Florida Boy!!! Although my winter projects keep me busy!!!

We have a wild juniper that I have to remove. They are horrible for harboring rodents because of the munch under them. I have removed 2 others and they were small 20 feet or so. The one I am doing this spring is about 50 feet across..yes 50 feet. I am hoping I can "chainsaw" to the tap root and use the winch. Just got to finish the dethatcher/rake, bucket forks and spring it should go "well" I will do some pics on this. You cut a branch and you find 5 more underneath the one you cut!! These things are just nasty, horrible, crappy getting out.

Dan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast