Got Bored

/ Got Bored #1  

excelagator

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 2210
Currently laid-off, winter borden, and all the reall bad influences here!!! LOL
Click on pictures for larger view

The modified drawbar lacked in some areas. The tubing is 2x2x1/4" and plate is 1/4" also. The trailer receiver is a HF item.

Santa sent me a HF 3000 lb winch for Xmas. I got around to making the portable mount for it. 2x2x1/4 tubing and 3/8 angle iron. Over kill, but I didn't want things airborne.

Finally got a small toolbox. Some all tractors SHOULD come with. I relocated the seatbelt holder also.

Next building landscape/dethatcher rake. BTW, does anyone know where I can buy 12" long double spring tines with a single bolt mount? No implement dealer up here can get them.

/ Got Bored #2  
Really nice stuff. I looked through your whole album and all the other things you put together look great.. Jealous...

/ Got Bored #3  
Very nice quality workmanship!:D :D

I did a Google on Tedder tines. The first hit was;

Kuhn Tedder Tines

Is this the type you are looking for? If not combine pickups or hay rakes should have tines that will suit your purpose.

I made a rake for the three point using this type of tine. I'd post a picture but you and many others will get a laugh out of the construction. It's not to your standards.:D

Ah heck, they been seen before.

Attachments

• windrfowing hay.JPG
    windrfowing hay.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 702
   / Got Bored
Thanks Guys!:D I got my 15 year longtime wish, A welding class and a MIG

Egon thanks for the link. I have been searching on here hi and low!! Those are just a bit $$$ for me. I did find a double spring tine at the JD today after asking again!!! They wanted to sell me a landscape rake. I picked up one tine for $2.01 to play with. It will work well butting it up on the flat of some angle, bolting it ,and stay there without walking. The only problem is they are about 5 inches tall. I would like to find something 7" or longer and cheap. If it exist!!!! :eek:

Dan

/ Got Bored #5  
There should be all different kinds out there at different prices. The stiffer they get the more you pay.:D

/ Got Bored #6  
excelagator, Nice looking modifications. At least your boredom is going to a good cause. :)

/ Got Bored #7  
I'm in the process of making a dethatcher right now. I just finished the drawings for it. I will be mounting the thing to the front of my Honda 4514 tractor as it has a bagger on it. I will make a mount for my BX24 in time, but I want to get the bagger before that happens.

CADD programs are great! This dethatcher is a little different then what you would normally see, but it will work.

I purchased my Rake Tines from Shoup Manufacturing, google it, they have all kinds of tines, and they are not that expensive either.

The file is a Zipped DWG file from Autocad. I dont have the software to convert it to a pdf file or I would.

Craig

/ Got Bored
Shmudda said:
I'm in the process of making a dethatcher right now. I just finished the drawings for it. I will be mounting the thing to the front of my Honda 4514 tractor as it has a bagger on it. I will make a mount for my BX24 in time, but I want to get the bagger before that happens.

CADD programs are great! This dethatcher is a little different then what you would normally see, but it will work.

I purchased my Rake Tines from Shoup Manufacturing, google it, they have all kinds of tines, and they are not that expensive either.

The file is a Zipped DWG file from Autocad. I dont have the software to convert it to a pdf file or I would.

Craig

All man, you have a bagger!!:D

I have been using Google Sketchup for some drawing somethings up. Autocad I don't have the patience!!!:mad:

I did drive south and went to Wisconsin tractor owners favorite place, Fleet and Farm or Farm and Fleet depending where you are. I picked up 32 7 inch tines for .98 cents each. and 3/8" grade 8 bolts. I will probably get out tonight and start the drilling.

/ Got Bored #9  
Great job on your projects! :)
Winter will pass... sooner than you think... and hopefully these excellent projects will keep you from becoming too bored and all too soon you will be too busy with a job to get the projects completed:D

/ Got Bored
texasjohn said:
Great job on your projects! :)
Winter will pass... sooner than you think... and hopefully these excellent projects will keep you from becoming too bored and all too soon you will be too busy with a job to get the projects completed:D

Winter is a little long for me being a Florida Boy!!! Although my winter projects keep me busy!!! ;)

We have a wild juniper that I have to remove. They are horrible for harboring rodents because of the munch under them. I have removed 2 others and they were small 20 feet or so. The one I am doing this spring is about 50 feet across..yes 50 feet. I am hoping I can "chainsaw" to the tap root and use the winch. Just got to finish the dethatcher/rake, bucket forks and spring it should go "well" I will do some pics on this. You cut a branch and you find 5 more underneath the one you cut!! These things are just nasty, horrible, crappy getting out.

Dan