3ph trailer hitch

/ 3ph trailer hitch #1  

valleydweller1

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B7510
I put my Kubota BX2230 on CL last week for sale. So far I have had 3 calls; 1 for the tractor and 2 for the trailer hitch implement. It's just an old receiver hitch that I cut up and welded some steel on to build a hitch. Apparently there is a demand for these?

I'm thinking of building 5 of them as a "test marketing" and seeing if anyone bites. I've got a pretty good idea of the time and cost involved for these first 5, what do you all think I could charge for them?

Greg

/ 3ph trailer hitch
Sorry for the double post, my computer malfunctioned. Can a moderator delete one of these?

Thanks,

Greg

/ 3ph trailer hitch
   / 3ph trailer hitch #5  
I'm thinking $100. I get surplus square tube for 30 cents a pound.
If you could build and sell 5 a day,you could still clear $400 a day...that's gas money.A hundred clams is cheap enough that you could sell many at a decent profit rather than sit on many waiting to sell them.Add a carryall and other accessories to your offerings.Cable/pipe pulling blades ought to sell too.Basically a straight blade maybe 18 inches long with a chain and short piece of pipe on the end.I can pull 400' of poly pipe a foot down in less than three minutes.
RATS !!......I just gave away my million dollar retirement plan.......

/ 3ph trailer hitch
Wow Bobodu, you make the rounds on these forums, don't ya?

Yeah, scrap steel in my neck of the woods is $0.45/lb, with trailer hitch tubing running full retail, although I forget the price. I figured it would take about $25 in materials per unit including hitch pins. I guessed I could get between $100 and $150, maybe split the difference?

Greg

/ 3ph trailer hitch #7  
You might get the $200 if you paint it green and add a sticker.

/ 3ph trailer hitch #8  
Hey Bob, fancy seeing you here. Paint em Green and Bob would love to be the first customer.
Stan in SW, Mi.

/ 3ph trailer hitch #9  
They might sell for more, if you paint them Blue :rolleyes:

/ 3ph trailer hitch #10  
stnbenn said:
Hey Bob, fancy seeing you here.
Stan in SW, Mi.
Seeing ME here?....I been here forever.
Tell ya what Bro,I send them up to you and you can paint them green.Heck,you wouldn't even have to paint them,just put them next to the stuff in your garage and it'll rub off.
PS...don't forget Mom's birthday again.