Bucket Teeth/Home Made?

/ Bucket Teeth/Home Made? #1  

YukonKing

Bronze Member
Tractor
2021 L2501 FEL
Good Day,

I'm thinking of using 1"-1 1/4" solid stock steel, then cutting 8-10" inch lenghths at an angle (for the tooth point) then hard surfacing the point edges, then welding solid to the bucket. Any ideas. I already decided that solid mount would be ok. I don't need to take them off....i hope. Oh well I always can grind the welds out.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 3,723
   / Bucket Teeth/Home Made? #2  
Will you be using this for manure or dirt? My dad did this on his Case years ago, only he made them longer and bolted them on with 8" of tooth back into the bucket, 6" sticking out(for manure). Make sure that you mount the wide side vertical so the added depth will give you more strength. You may want to also add (weld)some bracing accross the bottom of your bucket to stiffen it. Mine looked strong enough (no tooth bar) until I started lifting big rocks, now it has a slight bow downwards in the middle....

/ Bucket Teeth/Home Made? #3  
It seems to me that it would be easier to buy a toothbar that is removable instead of going to all that work.

/ Bucket Teeth/Home Made?
Well,

As you can see by my name I am from Yukon Canada, unfortunately we are not that fortunate to have access to lots of stores. Any that would sell a tooth bar anyhow. Besides I absolutely lothe ordering stuff, I can't bare the wait.

So I figure 40 bucks worth of steel 10 bucks worth of rod a half a box of wobbly pop should do it. The deffinite drawback will be the "permanense" of it, but once again half a box should get it ground back off.

Plus it will trully tell me if I should have bought her "implants' or just "dentures".

I promise to post pics if I ever get it on the go.

YukonKing

/ Bucket Teeth/Home Made? #5  
A neighbor built this toothbar for my tractor. Ingenious use of available materials to make a very useful toothbar which is easy to get on an off (one bolt on each side of the bucket). If the prongs break they are easily replaced.

YukonKing said:
Well,

As you can see by my name I am from Yukon Canada, unfortunately we are not that fortunate to have access to lots of stores. Any that would sell a tooth bar anyhow. Besides I absolutely lothe ordering stuff, I can't bare the wait.

So I figure 40 bucks worth of steel 10 bucks worth of rod a half a box of wobbly pop should do it. The deffinite drawback will be the "permanense" of it, but once again half a box should get it ground back off.

Plus it will trully tell me if I should have bought her "implants' or just "dentures".

I promise to post pics if I ever get it on the go.

YukonKing

Attachments

• 1201366.jpg
    1201366.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 4,312
  • 000_0218a.jpg
    000_0218a.jpg
    923.3 KB · Views: 8,438
   / Bucket Teeth/Home Made? #6  
Licklog said:
A neighbor built this toothbar for my tractor.

I like those teeth! Never seen those for sale anywhere.

I have just designed some custom tooth holders (shanks) so I can convert
my b/h bkt from dull cast bolt-on teeth to sharp hard replaceable ripper
teeth. I plan to weld the shanks onto the bkt and use the commonly
available crimp-on teeth ($4 ea). I also want to weld these shanks on a
FEL bkt for a permanent tooth bkt. Try to find a tooth bar for under $300
and then you have to drill the holes, which are often thru the cutting edge
steel.

/ Bucket Teeth/Home Made? #7  
dfkrug said:
I like those teeth! Never seen those for sale anywhere.

they look like the teath heads? that sicklebars use. perhaps off a corn head?

/ Bucket Teeth/Home Made? #9  
YukonKing said:

That's a great line! When I think implants, I think lower on the female body. :D

/ Bucket Teeth/Home Made? #10  
Licklog said:
I probably should included more info on the "teeth". Here is a link describing them a whole lot better than I can.

Oh oh! They seem to be malleable cast iron mower guards. Not hard at all.
I am afraid they will wear out fast on that FEL bucket.