SAE Cat.1 specs...

/ SAE Cat.1 specs... #1  

jdl

Bronze Member
Trying to save myself a few bucks and build some of my own attachments. Currently in the process of building a box blade and was wondering if there is a standard measurement for the mounting pin locations. Does it make a difference for "limited cat.1 vs SAE cat.1"? I measured my snowblower and tiller and they are both different. Thank you.

/ SAE Cat.1 specs... #2  
Unless you got free metal.. i don't see how you can come out building a single unit.

Yes.. measurement does make a difference.. if you have a full cat 1 tractor.. stick to the cat 1 pin and dimensions.

soundguy

/ SAE Cat.1 specs...
Yes, I do have some free steel and like to do my own welding. Where do you find the dimensions?

/ SAE Cat.1 specs... #4  
one place...
TractorData.com - Three-Point Hitch

Doesn't tell the distance to the top link but I believe cat 1 in 14 3/4 inches and cat II is 15 inches. ('nother edit) 18 inches on cat 1. The previous measurements are for a quick hitch hook bar is you have one.

Someone here posted a diagram, or a link to one but I can't find it just yet.

edit. lots of variation in cat 1. hopefully everyone will standardize some day

Last edited:
   / SAE Cat.1 specs... #5  
Ditto on the variations in Cat 1. The BX24 is supposed to be Cat 1 but the top link sold at tractor supply as a Cat 1 is about 3-5 inches longer than Kubota's top link:( The Cat 0 at TSC is about the right length but the pin holes are too small.......to get the right size pin holes you buy the too long one and cut 3 inches or so out of the middle and weld it back together BTDT;)

/ SAE Cat.1 specs...
Thanks everyone for your responses, that's why this is such a great site lots of helpful info.

/ SAE Cat.1 specs...
Awesome, thanks KennyD.