The Handiest Thing I ever Built (Manlift)

/ The Handiest Thing I ever Built (Manlift) #1  

yzbdsbp

Bronze Member
When I bought my mew tractor I want to build something for it, I purchased my pallet forks, which I must say is the best investment for a tractor, I dont pick up anything anymore. Then I went to work on my manlift. This was so easy to build, and I must say that it has been the handiest thing I have ever built. I knew I was going to build a pole barn and I couldnt see doing it with out one of these. I wish I had pictures to share of every application I used it on building the barn. But I couldnt have done it with out this. And yes before the hydraulic police show up dont bother, I will take my chances over a 16 foot step ladder any day. I welded safety chains to attach the tractor for a little extra. I just thought I would share. Fun project though....and come in so handy.
sany0305lu3.jpg

By yzbdsbp, shot with VPC-S500 at 2008-04-22
sany0304ax5.jpg

dsc02093lw5.jpg

By yzbdsbp, shot with DSC-P73 at 2008-04-22
dsc02091rj9.jpg

By yzbdsbp, shot with DSC-P73 at 2008-04-22
And I couldnt have built phase 1 of this without it
sany0311fh7.jpg

/ The Handiest Thing I ever Built (Manlift) #2  
That is great, I want to build something like that except smaller and it could hang from a hook with an experienced operator at the controls. ( I have a 30' boom pole )
I could reach lot's of neat things with like trimming tall branches and whatever
:)

/ The Handiest Thing I ever Built (Manlift) #3  
I built something similar to work on my barn and such, though nothing nearly so polished - a pallet with decking and reinforcement basically. Yours is much nicer

What I'd love, but haven't figured out how to do yet is level the platform left/right.

Maybe Something could be done off the 3 point?

/ The Handiest Thing I ever Built (Manlift) #4  
What is the deck made from .... Aluminum diamond plate? Very nice

That would be great in a parade!

/ The Handiest Thing I ever Built (Manlift) #5  
Charlesaf3 said:
What I'd love, but haven't figured out how to do yet is level the platform left/right.

Maybe Something could be done off the 3 point?

That would be called a tilt attach
Rotate 18 degrees right or left, has a qa on the front to fit different attachments.

Ken

Attachments

• tiltattach.jpg
    tiltattach.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 1,088
   / The Handiest Thing I ever Built (Manlift) #6  
yzbdsbp...

Very nice man-lift!

I was interested in your barn construction. Did you build the trusses? What material. Are you in a snow belt. Infor on design?

Thanx...Richard in Michigan.

/ The Handiest Thing I ever Built (Manlift) #7  
Interesting on the tilt attach. Is that a type of quick attach, or something that goes one a quick attach?

Any idea if it can be mounted on a compact tractor? I can see all sorts of uses.

/ The Handiest Thing I ever Built (Manlift) #8  
Nice cage. Well built.:D :D

Unfortunately the tractor hydraulics are not designed for this type of application.:( :( :(

/ The Handiest Thing I ever Built (Manlift)
bx24 the deck is made with rasied expanded metal for better traction when in the lift

/ The Handiest Thing I ever Built (Manlift)
Levtron said:
yzbdsbp...

Very nice man-lift!

I was interested in your barn construction. Did you build the trusses? What material. Are you in a snow belt. Infor on design?

Thanx...Richard in Michigan.

I didnt build the trusses myself but I did design them from alot I have seen. Then I had a local guy weld them up fo me. He did a great job....just what i asked for they are very strong, but no I am not in a snow belt....Im in Mississippi. Im starting phase 2 today building a 12' lean to on both sides.