Pressure Washer to Sprayer Conversion

/ Pressure Washer to Sprayer Conversion #1  

bostonrats

Bronze Member
Hello to all,

Here's a cheap and quick way to make a powerful sprayer.

Aquire or reuse your pressure washer. I used mine for the sprayer and around the house for years. Feed the pressure washer from a trash can or barrel. I used a hose out a tight cut hole in the bottom. Not sure if the pump will self prime for top feed. Mount the system on a cheap four wheel garden cart or what ever you wish. I picked up this cheapo at Home Depot. Pull with mower or by hand.

I had two systems for agitation, first was a 12 volt pump from an RV fresh water system. Second was to hang an air caddie on the cart and slow leak to the bottom. The air bubbles do a fine job...but you eventually run out of air. I was able to match the leak to my spraying and fill the liquid and air at the same time.

This will be a high pressure, low volume system. It give good coverage and a long throw. Since it's low volume it takes a bit of time to get everything wet, but not too long. I've shot Roundup and Imidian with this system with not issues.

That's it. Cheap and easy.

Here are some photos.

Best to all.

Attachments

• Sprayer 1.jpg
    Sprayer 1.jpg
    412.2 KB · Views: 313
  • Sprayer 2.jpg
    Sprayer 2.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 323
  • Sprayer 3.jpg
    Sprayer 3.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 305
  • Sprayer 4.jpg
    Sprayer 4.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 352
  • Sprayer 5.jpg
    Sprayer 5.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 262
  • Sprayer 6.jpg
    Sprayer 6.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 269
  • Sprayer 7.jpg
    Sprayer 7.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 354
  • Sprayer 8.jpg
    Sprayer 8.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 271
  • Sprayer 9.jpg
    Sprayer 9.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 316
   / Pressure Washer to Sprayer Conversion #2  
I hooked my pressure washer up to my sprayer before but the sprayer was not up to the output of my pressure washer. So I guess gravity feed is enough to supply the washer then.
I need to spray some swampy ground with some skeeter killer this summer, I can't drive out into it and the sprayer won't reach. I planned to use a pump and a barrel to supply the pressure washer. I may have to try it without the pump.

/ Pressure Washer to Sprayer Conversion #3  
Nicely done, but what do you have to hide by covering yourself up? :D

/ Pressure Washer to Sprayer Conversion
Zick said:
Nicely done, but what do you have to hide by covering yourself up? :D

I would say it's so that I'm not getting calls from all your girlfriends and wives... :eek: but it's really because I was so fat in the photo I'm ashamed to show it! I've lost most of it since then!! :cool: