Hobart stickmate LX

/ Hobart stickmate LX #31  
Long, long ago. I was a pipe welder in LA. We had to cap welds with 7018. I remember that if you run enough amperage and keep really pushing the rod in as you weld, "it seems to help make the slag come to the top". If you are running this rod right the slag will peel right up in almost one piece as the bead cools.

/ Hobart stickmate LX #32  
johnk said:
It was the AC/DC model they had on closeouts. They had two of them for sale at 20% off because they said they aren't carrying them anymore. I didn't ask why, I just bought one. I got that for a little over the cost of an AC only model. It seemed like a great deal... They still had the hOBART ac and they weren't on sale or closeout.....

I understand that..but what Im saying is that TSC is the one that will discontinue the AC/DC models...NOT HOBART stopping production of them

My local TSC doesnt carry the Hobart HH210 NOW..but they did..why they stopped beats me but HOBART isnt about to stop making that MIG welder

/ Hobart stickmate LX
In this day and age I don't know why a lot of things are happening... Maybe they didn't want to carry DC rods so they got rid of the DC welders also....:) :)

/ Hobart stickmate LX #34  
Maybee they will come out with an oem 'farmhand' ac/dc box of their own branding?

soundguy