Manure Spreader, Cultivator, Rock Screen

/ Manure Spreader, Cultivator, Rock Screen #1  

jmarotz

Tractor
BX 24
Started this project during the winter and was somewhat more involved that I thought, but it turned out so well I had to apply for a patent, which is why I have not posted it earlier.

During testing I did change a number of things and it now beats my expectations. With the exception of painting it is now complete.
I have used it to spread manure, spread and cultivate the manure directly into the soil, and one day while testing I filled it up with dirt to fill in a low spot on my lawn(separated the rocks out like a dream).
Uses only 2 points of your 3 point hitch which makes hooking onto and unhooking simple and it only takes seconds all from the tractor seat.
Built an independent free turning baffle inside which acts like a cheese grader on the large pieces.
Cultivator attachment come off with only 4 bolts and unpinning the hydraulic ram.

Sorry I am only posting one picture but I did put a movie on a temporary web site. http://web.mac.com/jmarotz

Attachments

• Spreader.jpg
    Spreader.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 2,672
   / Manure Spreader, Cultivator, Rock Screen #2  
Good if it works for you, with shred and sieved "manure" purchased at a garden center, but my horse muck would still require to be shred in a conventional manure spreader before your machine is ready to spread it.... ;)

/ Manure Spreader, Cultivator, Rock Screen
Renze,
I have never used any shed or sieved manure from anywhere, I can park it in the corral and dump the muck bucket straight into it. In fact it works better on wet manure than on dry.

/ Manure Spreader, Cultivator, Rock Screen #4  
It depends on how much you need to spread...I was raised on a farm and had two brothers...Dad said take the tractor, the wagon and 3 pitch forks and clean out the barn, then "spread" it on the garden. We actually did have an old ground engaged steel wheeled manure spreader, but only used when a "big" job needed to be done. BobG in VA