Tractor
    BX 24

Default Manure Spreader, Cultivator, Rock Screen

Started this project during the winter and was somewhat more involved that I thought, but it turned out so well I had to apply for a patent, which is why I have not posted it earlier.

During testing I did change a number of things and it now beats my expectations. With the exception of painting it is now complete.
    I have used it to spread manure, spread and cultivate the manure directly into the soil, and one day while testing I filled it up with dirt to fill in a low spot on my lawn(separated the rocks out like a dream).
    Uses only 2 points of your 3 point hitch which makes hooking onto and unhooking simple and it only takes seconds all from the tractor seat.
    Built an independent free turning baffle inside which acts like a cheese grader on the large pieces.
    Cultivator attachment come off with only 4 bolts and unpinning the hydraulic ram.

Sorry I am only posting one picture but I did put a movie on a temporary web site. http://web.mac.com/jmarotz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Manure Spreader, Cultivator, Rock Screen-spreader-jpg  

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Zetor 3011, Zetor 5718

Default Re: Manure Spreader, Cultivator, Rock Screen

Good if it works for you, with shred and sieved "manure" purchased at a garden center, but my horse muck would still require to be shred in a conventional manure spreader before your machine is ready to spread it....

Tractor
    BX 24

Renze,
    I have never used any shed or sieved manure from anywhere, I can park it in the corral and dump the muck bucket straight into it. In fact it works better on wet manure than on dry.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 6000 MWFD, 2 1950's Farmalls, 1974 Farmall 140, 1967 Mf 135Delux

It depends on how much you need to spread...I was raised on a farm and had two brothers...Dad said take the tractor, the wagon and 3 pitch forks and clean out the barn, then "spread" it on the garden. We actually did have an old ground engaged steel wheeled manure spreader, but only used when a "big" job needed to be done. BobG in VA