Front wheel car to plow car

/ Front wheel car to plow car #1  

Bedlam

Veteran Member
This might sound 'out there' but I have a car, that runs way too good to junk, and wont pass inspections , so I am considering adding chains to the drive wheels and mounting my grader converted plow blade to the front. Using a electric winch to raise and lower it.
I have seen a car around here that they did the same thing and used a long X to pivot the plow raise mechanize, they would reach through the sun roof to raise it.
LOL
I tried a chevy s-10 two wheel drive once this way and worked well but had to add so much weight to the bed, and then it had all kinds of engine troubles so that was a flop.
Just wondered if anyone has tried this or has any ideas.Thanks.
oh yea strictly off road use

/ Front wheel car to plow car #2  
I don't know where you are from, but down South Bubba usually says "watch this stuff, you ain't seen nuthin yet" right after something like that.

/ Front wheel car to plow car
I'm from New England. LOL Its a tough decision as the cars body is in perfect shape, engine runs fine etc. But we have emissions testing and the less than modern state computer says its the o2 sensors need replacing I replace two for 125 each and 80 installation. and now the state says now its an egr valve ,of which no one can find on the car. and The Chevrolet dealer says it doesn't have one, and has no listing for a new one.
Ive heard other states have done away with this test altogether.
One idea I had was to remove the trunk and slide in a half oil tank for a bed and use it as an agriculture vehicle.
Anyways this polluting car is off the road, Ill use my 20 year old gas guzzler and pollute more.go figure.
mind you the book for the car is 1800 I have spent way to much on it already.

/ Front wheel car to plow car #4  
Bureaucrats, got to love em'. We have them down south also.

/ Front wheel car to plow car #5  
There is a youtube video someone posted here last year of a plow car. Seem to be real primative and worked well.

/ Front wheel car to plow car #10  
Bedlam said:
wo thanks alot. and some do good without chains, check this one lol

It would make sense that the weight of the plow on the front drive wheels would really add some traction. You probably won't be plowing 8 foot drifts with a car, but on the other hand, people plow a lot of snow with little 700 pound 14 hp lawn mowers.

I'm betting that you'll make this work!