Hitch on your backhoe

/ Hitch on your backhoe #51  
Thanks WATT. I would like to do a website, but am a computer dope - maybe when I finish customizing the tractor . . . .

The blade is 3/8" hot rolled. We cooked the cutting edge red and quenched it in old motor oil - made the mistake of taking it out too soon and ended up with a fireball the size of a trash can as the oil vapor cloud flashed. Looked like a scene from Myth Busters. We retempered it to a straw color which is way harder than original but not brittle. It sits flat against the teeth and the two tabs welded on lock it in place and keep dirt from jamming between the teeth. The bolts are grade 8 and have spacers ground to match the angle of the teeth. Gives me a nice flat bottom hole and the teeth take the load of wacking rocks (we sit on glacial til - a jigsaw puzzle of cobbles a couple feet deep) Was only going to mount it when needed, but now leave it on all the time. Would like to do a narrow bucket this winter like RedDirt's excellent job or buy a new bucket and cut it down to the width of the bucket pins as we can't pull irrigation here and have to trench everything.