FEL---String Trimmer

/ FEL---String Trimmer #12  
I had one of these units, and I guarantee you would be disappointed in the lack of power. I had the same idea, and was goint to devise a mount for the bucket on my Bobcat Toolcat. After using the trimmer around the yard once, I put it in the barn. The next time I put fresh gas in it was to give it to the church yard sale. Im still looking for options. The commercial units designed to be used this way all start at least $1500 and way up from there.

/ FEL---String Trimmer #13  
I am not a particular fan of DR but I have an older Trimmer/Mower (6.75hp) and it could really knock down the weeds. I am not using it now that my arthritis has gotten worse as it is not self propelled. Their newer commercial self propelled with higher horsepower should do a good job with "just a walk" (horrors) along your fence or other area>

Vernon

/ FEL---String Trimmer #14  
texbaylea said:
I am not a particular fan of DR but I have an older Trimmer/Mower (6.75hp) and it could really knock down the weeds. I am not using it now that my arthritis has gotten worse as it is not self propelled. Their newer commercial self propelled with higher horsepower should do a good job with "just a walk" (horrors) along your fence or other area>

Vernon
But you still can't trim out over ditches and banks with them;can you?:)

/ FEL---String Trimmer #15  
Step son turned you down? He cost to much?
Does he live under your roof?
Nuff said.

/ FEL---String Trimmer #16  
texbaylea said:

Vernon
I need something to mow out over ditches and road banks where a DR won't go.

/ FEL---String Trimmer #17  
goatman 1 said:
I had one of these units, and I guarantee you would be disappointed in the lack of power. I had the same idea, and was goint to devise a mount for the bucket on my Bobcat Toolcat. After using the trimmer around the yard once, I put it in the barn. The next time I put fresh gas in it was to give it to the church yard sale. Im still looking for options. The commercial units designed to be used this way all start at least $1500 and way up from there.
Build your own using a walk behind push mower.
That's what I want to do.
All you have to do is rig it so the tractor pushes it instead of you.

/ FEL---String Trimmer #18  
   / FEL---String Trimmer #20  
have_blue said:
Mounted on the FEL bucket on a bracket, I think that would do a great job on ditches, ponds, and other long runs.

I have a pond with about 1200 feet of banks, and I've been toying with the idea of mounting a hedge trimmer on my FEL bucket. It could be battery or gas powered. Either should work fine on pencil sized weed stalks and dallisgrass.
I'm thinking mount a push rotery hand mower with a universal mount on my FEL bucket,3 point hitch and a little 2 wheel tow behind dolly.