High Pressure (60psi) High Flow (~6gpm) pump?

/ High Pressure (60psi) High Flow (~6gpm) pump? #1  

Hotwheels

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24, RTV900-Worksite
Hello, I am investigating building a sprayer for fire retardant. I found one that advertises a 6GPM @60PSI pump for about a 25 gallon tank. I can find 12v pumps that do ~4 GPM at 45 psi, but I cannot seem to find a 12v pump that will do higher volume at higher pressure. Any sources you know of?
Thanks
JR

/ High Pressure (60psi) High Flow (~6gpm) pump? #2  
im confused, running a sprayer off the tractor?

why not run a pto pump?

why not run a gas powered pump?

why not run a pump off the hydrolics

/ High Pressure (60psi) High Flow (~6gpm) pump? #3  
Look in the ag places for sprayer pto pumps - you will find roller & belt driven pumps that go to 100 psi, not sure of the volume, but much more than those small electric jobs.

--->Paul

/ High Pressure (60psi) High Flow (~6gpm) pump?
I am going to use this on a Kubota RTV since my place has hills and places I cannot get to in the tractor. Otherwise it would be an easier solution. With the RTV I can cover all the ground I want to get to, so I am trying to put together a spray rig that will spay higher volumes with high pressure. I searched the ag sites and pump sites and I am not seeing a 12v 6 gpm 60psi pump that I can use with a 25 gallon tank.
Thanks
JR

/ High Pressure (60psi) High Flow (~6gpm) pump? #5  
Your not finding them because the torque required for 6GPM@60PSI requires a large motor and a lot of electrical current. Probably outside the normal practical applications. I am sure someone makes one, but you are going to have to look. Here is something close from Surplus Center. Note the 30A current draw... Surplus Center Item Detail

Which RTV do you have? It may be possible to put something belt drive off of the engine?

/ High Pressure (60psi) High Flow (~6gpm) pump? #6  
Hotwheels

I think the pump you are looking for would be too much electrical draw on your rtv my cabin has a 3 gpm 45 psi 12v diaphragm pump and it draws close to 10 amps when running. Can your rtv supply that much power continously?

I use a homelite 1" pump with a 2 cycle engine
I coulden't find it on the web.
but here is a similar one the home light is all plastic and I haven't had a problem in about 20 years with it.
OTS 4381-96 - 1" Cast Aluminum Dewatering Pump with 2.0 HP Tecumseh 2-Cycle Engine

I bought cam lock fittings for both ends and all the hoses.

tommu

/ High Pressure (60psi) High Flow (~6gpm) pump? #7  
I'm not sure they'll quite make it to the 6 gpm (they might), but I've used Shurflo 12 volt pumps in RVs and on a 55 gallon spray rig that my brother owned to tow behind his Kawaski Mule and I towed it behind my B7100 Kubota. I know they make them up to 5.7 gpm and 65 psi that pull 10 amp maximum. They're pretty durable, but also easy to repair/rebuild if necessary.

/ High Pressure (60psi) High Flow (~6gpm) pump? #8  
Bird, where do you get parts to repair the Shurflo pumps. I have one and it is leaking and need some parts for repair. Thanks for your help.

/ High Pressure (60psi) High Flow (~6gpm) pump? #9  
Keith, it's been quite a few years since I needed parts for one, but if you follow the link above to their website, then go to "Customer Service", next to "Dealers" to the first letter for your state, you can get a long list of dealers.

/ High Pressure (60psi) High Flow (~6gpm) pump?
RonMar said:
Your not finding them because the torque required for 6GPM@60PSI requires a large motor and a lot of electrical current. Probably outside the normal practical applications. I am sure someone makes one, but you are going to have to look. Here is something close from Surplus Center. Note the 30A current draw... Surplus Center Item Detail

Which RTV do you have? It may be possible to put something belt drive off of the engine?

I have the RTV900 and now that I think about it there is a hydraulic outtake in the rear where the bed dumps.

Unless these folks are fudging on the pump, there does seem to be a smaller pump (maybe 24v) that will output the 6gpm at 60psi ... might be a marine pump of some sort ..... this image comes from this website

Rural Residential Wildfire Protection

Thanks for the help.
JR

Attachments

• sprayer_detail.jpg
    sprayer_detail.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 137