from scratch homemade loader

/ from scratch homemade loader #11  
Chris is it my imagination or from the prepainted version to the painted version did you ad some braces going from the front of the tractor back to the uprights on the loader ?

/ from scratch homemade loader
Gemini5362, Your correct I did add these braces after I took the first pics. To be honest with you. If you look real close at the unpainted version compared to the painted version they are two different booms. The unpainted version I started with first, made the boom out of 2" X 2" X 16 gauge square tubing. Trying to cut cost U know I figured that would be strong enough for the boom, after I built the bucket I got to thinking it prolly was not stought enough so I wrapped the 16 gauge tubing with 1/4 inch strapping the entire boom. Well then it looked like crap cause I ain't the best welder, Using a lincoln cracker box welder. I have no training in welding, just self taught myself, trile and error. So then decided to buy some 2" X 2" X 3/16" square tubing and build the second boom and it was plenty heavy and works great. I have worked the heck out of this little tractor and have had no welds brake yet. I do need to add some more weight to the rear end, it tends to spin the tires a little when loader is loaded. Fixing to put some tire chains on the rear tires this weekend. Maybe that will help with traction. Well thanks for the looking and noticing the detail.

/ from scratch homemade loader #13  
Chris,

Good job. I have a JD 425 as well and am looking into building my own loader for my tractor. Would you have the plan available for your loader?

Kevin

/ from scratch homemade loader #14  
NICE Work!

/ from scratch homemade loader #15  
Nice work Chris.
Below is link to pics of my homemade FEL. I cheated and used autocad to help with the design. I am working on my forks now.

/ from scratch homemade loader #16  
Nice work Chris.
Below is link to pics of my homemade FEL. I cheated and used autocad to help with the design. I am working on my forks now.

That's a darn nice loader you made for your BX. I don't consider using AutoCAD cheating as I use it for some of my projects and definitely would if I were building a loader.

/ from scratch homemade loader #17  
Nice build, did you have any trouble getting all of the pins and bushings sqare to the loader? The last time I tried a build like this, the few degrees here - few degrees there cause a lot of binding popping and cracking (obviously my self taught welding course was probaby not as good as yours!).

Looks great man, nice to see somebody avoid the curse of the $3k loader on a $3k tractor. Keep it up.

/ from scratch homemade loader #18  
That really is a nice loader! I'm on the fence right now on deciding to upgrade to a 425, 445, or 455. I'm considering a homebuilt loader as well. About how long did it take you to build everything? How long does it take to attach and detach the it?

/ from scratch homemade loader #19  
Great job on the loader. I had a man tell me just today a loader had to be bought for a tracor that one of any usefulness couldnt be made. I just laughed
Im about to make a loader for dads newly aquired 991 Pasquali Its gonna be fun because the thing is short and squat and articultated. I dont know how high to make it lift because of its size.
Archaic when I build anything like that I make them in pairs. What I do Ill cut one out then dress it like I like it then make the other one on top of it. One things with pins and bushings Ill make the parts and hold them together with a longer pin or bolt the same size as the bores to hold them togeter to compare and measure them and it works pretty good that way.

/ from scratch homemade loader #20  
Nice job! I really like the quick attach system you made for your bucket.

-Mike