Multi (3) function 3 PH contraption

/ Multi (3) function 3 PH contraption #1  

easygo

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
I have been thinking about fabricating something for the 3ph that would make a few thing easier in my life. So. I came up with this franken-hitch thingamabob that will allow me to do three things without having to do too much to the 3ph. The original idea was to make something that will allow me to haul a log or two and also to be able to hook up a trailer within moments.

Function #1
The two hooks on top will help to lift the log and I can just wrap the slack end of the chain back around the log and lead it to the lower hooks. That way the pulling force will come from the lower arms of the 3ph thus reducing the danger of damaging something or rolling the tractor. The lower hooks serve a double function. The pins hold the whole contraption in place on a draw-bar that is inside the bottom piece.

Function #2
I'm sure you figured that the center receiver is for a trailer hitch.

Function #3
In the process I thought I might as well make it a little more complicated and use this as a weight box as well. In photo #6 you can see a crude drawing that represents a cage I will make to hold about 150# of weight. That should help with keeping the hitch down while pulling a trailer and that weight will pretty much stay there all the time. The cage will also add a bit more strength to the whole thing. I will not forget to leave room for the top link.

The two receivers in the lower corners will serve to hold the rest of the counter weight. I picked up 350# of gym weights at a yard sale for $20. That will make a handsome addition and I have an idea how to attach it to my contraption within a minute.

I expect to complete it as I have the time.

Observations and ideas are much welcomed.

It looks big and heavy but I will only take it off the tractor for the winter when it's time for snow removal and the rear blade is needed. I also attached a picture of one of my ugly welds. I know you guys want to see that :p

Attachments

• 3PH 1.jpg
    3PH 1.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 996
  • 3 PH 4.jpg
    3 PH 4.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 459
  • 3 PH 5.jpg
    3 PH 5.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 394
  • 3 PH 6 .jpg
    3 PH 6 .jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 657
   / Multi (3) function 3 PH contraption #2  
You can make it more complicated and much handier if you put the 2 side recievers on the bottom and make a set of quick mount forks for it also. Later, Nat

/ Multi (3) function 3 PH contraption #3  
A real tractor version swiss army knife!
Some very good ideas there, keep us posted.

/ Multi (3) function 3 PH contraption #4  
Here is my version of about the same thing. Also have a set of forks made to fit receiver will take picture and send later. So far I use to move trailers , pull post , pull logs & move small skids around.

Attachments

• IMG_0114.JPG
    IMG_0114.JPG
    766.6 KB · Views: 476
  • IMG_0115.JPG
    IMG_0115.JPG
    779.9 KB · Views: 446
   / Multi (3) function 3 PH contraption
Nat, I thought about making forks for it too, but had no need for them yet so haven't thought much of it. Besides, I'm happy to have found time for this much fabricating.

Oldmax, I based the idea on the design you and many others have followed, but I wanted to incorporate the weight. May be after you posts pictures of the forks I get inspired and make my contraption 4-in-1. (future project list amended .... check)

Sherweld, Thank you for the comment. I will post more photos when I make progress. I have to test it out pretty soon because I cut most of my firewood September through November. I will have to complete the cage before that, but the additional weight attachment may have to wait until the trees are out of the woods.

/ Multi (3) function 3 PH contraption #6  
Those are all nice pictures. I'd add a picture of mine but it is very ugly compared to what you fellows have.:D:D:D

I do have a bolt on harrow type attachment for mine made from rake tines.:D

/ Multi (3) function 3 PH contraption
Egon, It doesn't matter if it's ugly, I thought FUNCTIONAL IS FASHIONABLE here. Besides you are a hero on this site! So let us know how you make yet another thing work for you.
Edit: I thought my franken-hitch is ugly

/ Multi (3) function 3 PH contraption #8  
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Looks great to me. Nice work.

/ Multi (3) function 3 PH contraption #10  
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Speaking of which.....That would make it more complicated!!
A flip up toilet seat would also make it much more functional and user friendly to the feminine operators. The weld looks perfectly beautiful to me since I prefer function over appearance. On the other hand, if I need to hide something that I am not proud of, I find it easy to attach something shiny ( like a fishing lure) away from the disgrace and shine multicolored blinking LEDs on that....