chain top link

/ chain top link #1  

beaner68

Tractor
farmtrac 300 dtc
i have 3ft of heavy chain and plan to use to make top link do i have enough .and wondering about what to use for the end. any ideas welcome

/ chain top link #4  
I determined the length by hooking up my brush hog to the lower arms and with the cutter sitting on the ground measured between the connector pin on the tractor and the pin on the cutter. I allowed for wrapping around both pins and hooking back into itself at both ends. Also, I allowed for a little extra for good measure. This works great on uneven ground while you're brush hogging.

/ chain top link
got the chain at TSC 2.12ft today was planning to use one end from a old top link .was wondering what would be best to use for other end ?

/ chain top link
i plan on using the top link on my brush hog only

/ chain top link #9  
i have 3ft of heavy chain and plan to use to make top link do i have enough .and wondering about what to use for the end. any ideas welcome

Check out TSC's (SpeeCO) #0265113 stabilizer. ;)

/ chain top link #10  
As a safer alternative, try running the chain through a length of pipe that is a bit shorter than your chain. This will provide a limiter to how much the implement (or tractor) can flip up if you snag something.