Why did I wait so long

/ Why did I wait so long #1  

Hookblock

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 4310
This weekends project was a welding table 3'x5'x1/2'' The first problem I see is I had 4 swivel wheels without locks, might have to change them.

Attachments

• IMG_0894_1.jpg
    IMG_0894_1.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 961
  • IMG_0895_1.jpg
    IMG_0895_1.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 919
   / Why did I wait so long #2  
The table looks great it should make your life alittle easier. Good luck with the wheels, don't chase the table around to much.:)

Shane

/ Why did I wait so long #3  
Nice looking table! The power strip is an nice touch,
With your welding skills I don't see why you couldn't build a parking brake out of an side crank tongue jack, with some sort of linkage to all four corners.
Like an Indy car! They raise all four wheels of the ground at once :D

/ Why did I wait so long #4  
Nice looking bench. The vise looks like one I inherited from my grandfather. It's been in steady use for about 60 years. Put it to good use!

/ Why did I wait so long #5  
Where is the hole for holding a lit torch?
It is a nice table.

/ Why did I wait so long #6  
How about a piece of 2" x 2" or 3" x 3" angle iron stitch welded to each side of the table. That is how we make our pipe fabrication tables on the construction sites They are ideal for holding pieces of angle iron or pipe. you can lay 2 pieces in the "tray" and it hold them perfectly aligned for the first tack weld. Smaller angle can be used for light work.

/ Why did I wait so long #7  
Nice work ! Been looking for a 3x5 or 3x6 cut but not too sucessful as of late. Neighbor built one 4x8x 5/8 or 3/4". Nice for layouts and it doesn't flex with a little heat. Thanks for the push..... have to get back to looking.

/ Why did I wait so long #8  
We need to talk about how to mount a vice....
Every time my wife drives off,I yell "Rubber side goes down!!!".

/ Why did I wait so long #9  
Nice. Wish I made mine that size. You'll wonder how you ever welded without it.

/ Why did I wait so long
Thanks for the replies, I like the idea about taking the weight off the wheels, better than chasin the table. Hole for a lit torch, never thought about that soon to be added:D. Gary do you ave some pictures of you setup. Working on mounting the vise(5$ garage sale) and chop saw. The grinder is mounted on a tube that goes in a sleeve under the table so I can take it out and flip it over for storage or out of the way for bigger things