Quick and dirty Wheel Handler

/ Quick and dirty Wheel Handler #1  

Sherweld

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B7100
This may be old news for some of you long timers, but I came up with a pretty good way of handling my rear tires which weigh some 120 pounds dry. Additionally the wheel on the end of the arm removes easily to handle wheel weights via a center hole.

The scissor jack seems a bit handier than a hydraulic jack for tweaking up and down for the last small adjustments. The wheel on the end of the arm allows a surprising amount of "adjustment" to get the tractor tire in final position.

I know I'm getting to be kind of a wimp, but at my age I think I deserve some pampering. :D

Attachments

• Wheel Handler.jpg
    Wheel Handler.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 1,097
   / Quick and dirty Wheel Handler #2  
now that looks real handy.your not a wimp your just working smarter

/ Quick and dirty Wheel Handler #4  
...my rear tires which weigh some 120 pounds dry...

120 lbs...dang looks heavier than that. I had a flat on the front of mine and it felt like more than 120 lbs. I'd have to call somebody if the back goes flat I reckon.

But yeah, nice thingee there, bet you've got all kinda nice tools down in the la-bor-atory.

/ Quick and dirty Wheel Handler #5  
Doesn't look too 'dirty' to me. That's pretty clever using the jack under the lever arm.

/ Quick and dirty Wheel Handler #7  
I had in mind to build something similar to the Northern Tool unit; but your idea looks like it will work just as well.

/ Quick and dirty Wheel Handler

Quick and dirty means that the only out of pocket was $2 at local goodwill for the jack. The rest is mostly somebody's discarded stair stepper rescued from the blackberries, and other odds and ends. ("one mans junk, another mans treasure" LOL) This rig pretty light duty, but then I figured anything I would do with it would be less than 200#.

Two minor things learned; The handler wheel pictured, is a very hard plastic composite of some sort which is a bit "slippery" when managing/balancing a heavy steel tractor wheel. I will probably skin it with inner tube rubber "tire" or find another wheel with a bit more "traction".

The other minor issue is swivel casters instead of rigid, might possibly allow better handling, particularly in maneuvering heavier tires.

Other than that, it works well enough that I even painted it! :D

Regards
Sherweld

/ Quick and dirty Wheel Handler #10  
wrap a layer of that stair step tread tape to your slick wheel?