Tree Puller for hard to get at trees

/ Tree Puller for hard to get at trees #1  

Sherweld

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B7100
My location has a number of interesting terrain problems. One of these is a normally well maintained earthen dam which has had recurring alders coming back each year below the mowing line, and refusing to give up no matter how many times pruned to ground level. The last couple of years pruning was not done resulting in 3"-4" trunk size trees.

Also my front yard has a few very steep and very tractor unfriendly areas where some small "trash" trees need to be removed before they become larger trees (or if simply cut, sprouting a whole bunch more suckers, etc).

Since I am not about to risk my tractor (not to mention my backside) in either of these steep areas, it was worthwhile to cobble up this frame which is designed to stand up near the base of the small tree, wrap and hook a choker chain around the base of the tree, hook the chain into the slotted top of the frame, and continue on to the tractor's drawbar (located safely on top of the dam).

I had previously tried just a straight pull without the frame, resulting in little more than laying the tree over and digging some nasty wheel wells in the top of the dam.

With the frame, the tractor didn't even slow down :D

Sherweld

Attachments

• Tree Puller.jpg
    Tree Puller.jpg
    477.1 KB · Views: 7,864
   / Tree Puller for hard to get at trees #2  
Nice!
Handy little device!

/ Tree Puller for hard to get at trees #3  
OOOHHHHH,,, Better pictures please, I am not figuring it out exactly (have the concept not the particulars)

One overall shot with it hooked and ready to pull would be great if you would be so kind.

That looks handy.

/ Tree Puller for hard to get at trees
OOOHHHHH,,, Better pictures please, I am not figuring it out exactly (have the concept not the particulars)

One overall shot with it hooked and ready to pull would be great if you would be so kind.

That looks handy.

Hard to get it all in one shot.

Besides, I already pulled all the trees at that location :D

The next place has so much other brush that I might get lost, much less take a clear picture. :eek:

So here's a sketch

Attachments

• Tree Puller 1.jpg
    Tree Puller 1.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 3,804
   / Tree Puller for hard to get at trees #5  
I had a friend make a very simple suggestion, a large rim with no tire. kt

/ Tree Puller for hard to get at trees #7  
hi Sherweld,

Thank You for sharing Sir !!!

It is absolutly Awesome when such a laborious task can be solved with such simple mechanics. I will put your awesome idea into practice. I'm hoping that a taller stand will increase leverage to get out even larger diameter trees. I will definately give it a try.

Thank You Again for sharing !!!
Rhett

/ Tree Puller for hard to get at trees #8  
this and the rim both are good ideas.....i need to remember them