Snow Plow, Front or 3pt Hitch

/ Snow Plow, Front or 3pt Hitch #31  
If you FEL mount a plow so the blade will float you will not have any problems. The FEL becomes the 4X4 truck and it stays at one height while plowing. Works for me.

New Question for old thread! Where did you get this adaptor for your FEL? I'm trying to create a similar setup for a Meyer plow and a JD 540 loader. Has it worked well for you? Thanks.

/ Snow Plow, Front or 3pt Hitch #32  
To those whose loader mounted plows are digging in, you need to need the loader arms low, similar to where a trucks push plates would be.

I've done this for a few years with a meyers plow mounted in my loader. I removed the skid shoes and try to pack a base first then its great.

/ Snow Plow, Front or 3pt Hitch #33  
I see some great advantages to having the plow mounted on the loader. But I am also wondering when wind rowing snow with the blade on an angle, this does put a considerable side load on the loader arms, which I don't believe were designed with this in mind.:confused:
I plow with a frame mounted blade, on my smaller tractor, and using when my later year Ford 4000 with a loader, mostly use the rear blade.