Front End loader level indicator

/ Front End loader level indicator #1  

Minotbob

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24
Does anyone have pictures of a nice FEL level indicator? I've seen some with a bar length indication that might look good if it is painted orange. :)

/ Front End loader level indicator #2  
My JD has a sliding rod that goes through an eyebolt, but it's practically useless except in the full down FEL position.
The JD bucket has a flat area on the top that is parallel to the base and that is what I use for leveling.
I'd suggest loosening a bolt or installing a machine screw, and then make an indicator out of coat hangar wire. Level wire - level bucket.
Or use a welding rod of bigger diameter and paint it orange (an ugly color).

/ Front End loader level indicator
Coat hanger wire? This is a Kubota not a John Deere!

/ Front End loader level indicator #4  
I really like the level indicator on my NH loader. The pictures attached show a rod that has a "kink" in it (green arrow). When that kink aligns with the bracket shown with the red arrow, the bucket is level. The bracket is just clamped to the roll cylinder with a U-bolt and can be adjusted up and down. The rod attaches to a hole in the dump lever mechanism on the bucket as shown in the second picture. Since you can clearly see the whole rod from the operator's platform, you could paint this rod with indicator bands to your heart's desire. I haven't seen a level indicator I like better than this.

Attachments

• LoaderLevel.jpg
    LoaderLevel.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 4,194
  • grillguard.jpg
    grillguard.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 2,892
   / Front End loader level indicator #7  
I had one on mine and after a few months I got used to the position(s) of the bucket and the "Feel" for it and took it off. Don't really miss it now.

/ Front End loader level indicator #8  
I have a piece of flat steel on top of my bucket that is parallel to the bottom or the bucket. That works very well for leveling my bucket ... most of the time ;)

bob

Last edited:
   / Front End loader level indicator #10  
The only problem with most of the level indicators is that the only time the bucket is actually level is when the tractor is on level ground. The rest of the time it's just keeping the bucket parallel to what ever slope the tractor is on.

My cheap homemade indicator shows me if the bucket is level no matter what slope the tractor is on. When the pin and pointer are lined up I'm level. So far I haven"t bent it or knocked it off "yet".

Attachments

• level-1.JPG
    level-1.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 3,648