A Small dump trailer build

/ A Small dump trailer build #21  
actually if you want to keep price down and still have it self contained look for an old pump off of a dump truck. They are pretty rugged. That is what i have on my dump trailer. (of course it was made from a dump truck bed.) I see those pumps on ebay and they are fairly inexpensive. I hooked a 5 hp lawn mower engine to mine and it works really well. I have probably used it to dump in the neighborhood of 3 tons a couple of times and it never even hesitated. It might be over kill for what you want but it is a cheap very durable solution.

/ A Small dump trailer build #22  
I have a suggsetion on dump angle and sticking. Taper the sides of the trailer an inch or 2 towards the front of the trailer. Most dump beds and dumpsters are like this. It helps alot in dumping. Also ad a poly liner they are about 8 bucks a linear foot for an 8 foot liner. Our rolloff trucks at work dont have a great angle of dump because of the long rails. When dumping sand or dirt it had to be shaken. We bought a liner and pu it al lthe way to the front and a foot up the sides and it just shoots out of our 20 yard we use for dirt hauling.
I mounted a grain hoist under a truck last year and it didnt have enough angle to dump dirt. the man was upset and I took a section of old liner and made it fit his baed now it squirts it out. Weve wven hauled wet gumbo clay and it just slides out. I have it in all 3 of my dumps trucks.

/ A Small dump trailer build #23  
I like the poly stuff. But, at about $60 to do my little trailer, I just couldn't justify it. Used an old piece of heavy weight vinyl flooring. Waxed it real good. Works quite well and cost me nothing.

/ A Small dump trailer build #24  
Our roll off trucks at work don't have a great angle of dump because of the long rails. When dumping sand or dirt it had to be shaken. We bought a liner and put it all the way to the front and a foot up the sides and it just shoots out of our 20 yard we use for dirt hauling.

this is great for dumping dirt 'but hain't it lousy for hauling a tractor or car on?

L . B .

/ A Small dump trailer build #25  
this is great for dumping dirt 'but hain't it lousy for hauling a tractor or car on?

L . B .

He's referring to a roll-off truck used for hauling large construction dumpsters. I believe you are thinking of the "Roll-Offs" used by Tow companies...

/ A Small dump trailer build
Hello gentlemen, just returned from vacation and have a chance to look up the responses to the thread. First of all HF and all the other companies only ship next day Air to AK, and the costs and limit on this are killers, we did bring a couple things home in the luggage tough. I might add that I was trying to put 4 bale spears in the checked bag at tractor supply when my other half said that was to much.

Winter is here, we have over a foot of snow and I will not get to use the trailer until spring. It was 10 below last night, just getting to cold.

I have looked for years for a hydraulic unit of any type, And have found a couple that I just did not consider worth the trouble. Remember that there are only 30,000 people in a 375 mile radius of my house good junk is fought over and paid a premium for.

/ A Small dump trailer build #28  
Remember that there are only 30,000 people in a 375 mile radius of my house good junk is fought over and paid a premium for.

Good junk is so hard to find.

I was hoping you'd be in one of those areas where the "pipeline came through" and there was a lot of good junk left behind but no people who value good junk. Alas, no such luck.

I think your best bet would be a powered RV trailer jack. There's got to be an RV store in AK.