Another truck plow on tractor

/ Another truck plow on tractor #1  

JB4310

Tractor
J.D. 4310 E-hydro
I wanted to start my own thread about my attempt to install a truck plow on my tractor, so I didn't keep hijacking the other guys thread.

It's pretty simple, I've got a 7'6" western plow that didn't cost me anything except for some favors for my neighbor, and I want to utilize it on my tractor, which is a JD 4310.
At first I was going to mount it to my fork carrier so I could use it on my loader or my imatch (I modded the carrier to mount to the imatch) but since I don't like the idea of loader mounted plows I decided to just mount the plow directly to the imatch.
An inch and a half bar fits perfectly into the bottom J hooks on the imatch (that's how I did the fork carrier) so I just torched a couple of holes in the a-frame on the plow right behind the main cross brace and back of the cylinders to shorten it by 8 inches, slid in a 1.5 inch solid steel round bar ($20.), I just have to tack it in that position since the push will all be against the strongest part of the existing a-frame. hook the chain on the upper J hook. couldn't be simpler.
Now I need the 3rd scv kit so I can angle the plow, I may have to cut the plow down in length if the tractor can't push it. I'll have some more questions coming but wanted to show a picture of what it looks like.
This will not be my primary snow weapon, I'll still have my 73" high volume bucket, but I figure it should compliment my snow removal activities.
Any comments/warnings welcomed. sorry for the large pics I having trouble with the thumb view option.
JB

DSCN2220.jpg

DSCN2224.jpg

DSCN2225.jpg

/ Another truck plow on tractor
so some of the questions, Kenny assures me the SA cylinders will work, I guess I need to drain these cylinders of what ever fluid is in there and change it to the JD hi vis or what ever they call it that's in my machine now? any help on how to do that will help, also if anyone has pics of the 3rd scv components that might help and does the fact that my tractor already has the power beyond (for BH) change anything with the parts I would need to do the 3rd scv.
I see the clickable thumb option is simplified now, no need to go through photo hosting site or change file size to fit.

Attachments

• DSCN2201.jpg
    DSCN2201.jpg
    502.5 KB · Views: 598
  • DSCN2214.JPG
    DSCN2214.JPG
    996.5 KB · Views: 741
  • DSCN2222.jpg
    DSCN2222.jpg
    450 KB · Views: 415
   / Another truck plow on tractor #3  
Yes, you'll want to flush out those cylinders.

As far as the 3rd scv, you already have it. It's just a third spool on your loader valve, under your right foot. In the kit: you'll get two hard lines(from valve to rear), two female qc's for the back and the bracket for them, and the lever that goes down by the rockshaft lever. I bought the kit and installed it myself on my 4510. It's actually pretty easy.

It probably took me 2hrs. The hardest part was getting the plugs out of the valve for the lines. I had to use a little heat, being careful not to get anything too hot.

When you buy the kit from your JD dealer, it has pretty straight forward instructions.

I can post some pics for you if you want them.

pictures would be great, I'm wondering about the rear bracket, I already have a bracket on back for the power beyond, I think it has extra holes in maybe it shares space there.

/ Another truck plow on tractor #5  
You are correct, it does share the same bracket.

You get the same exact bracket with each kit(PB and 3rd SCV). I have a spare. PB is the left two holes as you stand looking at the 3pt hitch. 3rd function remotes go in the right two holes.

I'll get some pics for you.

mine must be a little different, 3 of the 4 holes are used for the power beyond unless one of those lines are shared with the 3rd function, the one on the far left is only used when the BH is attached.
here is a picture of mine

Attachments

• P1068287.JPG
    P1068287.JPG
    372.5 KB · Views: 424
  • P1068289.JPG
    P1068289.JPG
    436.1 KB · Views: 410
I am registered on that site, have not been there in awhile but just checked it out, found a few drawings but not that helpful/definitive.
thanks, JB

/ Another truck plow on tractor #9  
I just got time to go to jdparts and look up your 4310.
This is what your 3rd Scv kit should look like:MP33296 4310.gif

If you are not sure you have a third SCV, lay underneath and look up(by right rear tire) to where the loader control lever comes down underneath. It goes to a hydraulic valve. You are looking for this:4310 edit.jpg

If you see three spools you only need the kit in first pic. The spool closest to the tire is the third valve and will have two hex plugs on bottom(you will see these straight up when laying underneath), that would be removed and two adapters go in, then hard lines attach to that. The hard lines come out to the bracket in first pic. (I don't know where the bracket mounts on 4310's but someone should know here on TBN).

You would need two male quick attach fittings and the appropriate amount of hose to reach your plow. One line goes to one cylinder, one to the other. Two SA cylinders in a plow set-up works just like a single DA cylinder. Oil goes in one while oil goes out the other.

Trucker,
Thanks for the help, I found those diagrams of the kits on the JD site, that site is not the easiest to navigate around, I can't seem to find a way to get the descriptions for the part numbers they show but at least you can get a visual.

Anyway I ordered the 3rd scv option today ($225.) and will attempt to install it myself, I read one account were the guy said the hardest part was cutting the slot for the lever, said there was no need to even remove the wheel and fender as was in the installation directions.

I was hoping to get more feedback, good, bad or indifferent on my simple, what I thought was ingenious way to couple a plows A-frame to the tractors 3 PT via the i-match. I know with out down pressure on the 3 PT there may be a problem but the three point arms will be all the way down so the push should not be upward? we'll see, the whole thing isn't gonna cost much so if it works, great, if not then I still have the rear remotes for other uses. maybe find a way to angle my 72" rear blade, not sure if there is a power angle kit for that.

Anyone else have any thoughts?
JB,

Attachments

• DSCN0368.jpg
    DSCN0368.jpg
    487.7 KB · Views: 529
  • DSCN0747.jpg
    DSCN0747.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 356