snow bucket

/ snow bucket #1  

kramarj

Tractor
Kubota B7100 w/1630C Loader
i was wondering if anybody has built a snow/high capacity bucket from scratch, i'm not looking to add anything on to my bucket i want to make a
60" bucket and was just wondering if anybody has made or has any ideas, thanks

/ snow bucket #2  
kramarj,

I have been thinking about a snow bucket for my Toolcat. Used buckets don't seem to bring high $$$ so unless you have already have materials on hand to build one I wonder if it may be cheaper to find a used one and adapt it to your machine.

BTW, I live not too far south of you. Been to the dealer on 70/75 numerous times.

dsb

/ snow bucket
i just bought a woods blade from McCartneys, the dealer here, where would you go about finding a bucket? i would like to find one close so i dont have to pay shipping because that is really expensive

/ snow bucket #4  
i just bought a woods blade from McCartneys, the dealer here, where would you go about finding a bucket? i would like to find one close so i dont have to pay shipping because that is really expensive

Do you have a SS Quick-Attach plate on your loader? If so, just about any skid-steer bucket would be a direct fit. Check your local tractor / implement dealers out, and see if they have anything used laying around. If your loader isn't QA, you can always modify the used bucket to fit your arms.

I ended up with a 6' Virnig utility bucket made for a skid-steer. Capacity is about 3X that of the factory bucket (extra foot of width doesn't hurt...).

Good luck

Lunk

/ snow bucket
i have a pin on bucket, and i only have a Kubota B7100, so i dont want a huge bucket, but something another half to twice the size, one thing that concerns me about skidloader buckets is that they will be too heavy to get the maximum capacity in the bucket and lift it

/ snow bucket #6  
I am not familiar with the Kubota buckets. Maybe check with McCartneys and see what is compatible with your loader and let them know you are looking for a used one. You will definitely want a light duty bucket to keep the weight down for that size of tractor.

dsb

/ snow bucket #7  
I just purchased a nearly new 60" bucket from a dealer for $250. I don't know if that is a good price but the metal to make one was $146 just for the sheet, no cutting edge or sides.
I do have to change the mounting brackets to fit my loader.

/ snow bucket
i never thought of making one out of something else like an oil container or something like that, that is a great idea, i think i will look for something like that, especially if i can get one cheap, thanks for the ideas and other thoughts, it doesnt need to be anything special, just for snow, thanks