Tractor
    Kubota B7100 w/1630C Loader

Default snow bucket

i was wondering if anybody has built a snow/high capacity bucket from scratch, i'm not looking to add anything on to my bucket i want to make a
    60" bucket and was just wondering if anybody has made or has any ideas, thanks

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Deere 4720 Cab

Default Re: snow bucket

kramarj,

I have been thinking about a snow bucket for my Toolcat. Used buckets don't seem to bring high $$$ so unless you have already have materials on hand to build one I wonder if it may be cheaper to find a used one and adapt it to your machine.

BTW, I live not too far south of you. Been to the dealer on 70/75 numerous times.

dsb

Tractor

i just bought a woods blade from McCartneys, the dealer here, where would you go about finding a bucket? i would like to find one close so i dont have to pay shipping because that is really expensive

Gold Member
    Tractor
    TYM T353 HST / TX3500 Loader

Quote Originally Posted by kramarj View Post
    i just bought a woods blade from McCartneys, the dealer here, where would you go about finding a bucket? i would like to find one close so i dont have to pay shipping because that is really expensive
    Do you have a SS Quick-Attach plate on your loader? If so, just about any skid-steer bucket would be a direct fit. Check your local tractor / implement dealers out, and see if they have anything used laying around. If your loader isn't QA, you can always modify the used bucket to fit your arms.

I ended up with a 6' Virnig utility bucket made for a skid-steer. Capacity is about 3X that of the factory bucket (extra foot of width doesn't hurt...).

Good luck

Lunk
    TYM T353 HST w/TX3500 Loader / Faver SCX526LT Grapple / Woods BB60X Rotary Mower / Bush Hog SBX65 Box-Blade

Tractor

i have a pin on bucket, and i only have a kubota B7100, so i dont want a huge bucket, but something another half to twice the size, one thing that concerns me about skidloader buckets is that they will be too heavy to get the maximum capacity in the bucket and lift it

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Deere 4720 Cab

I am not familiar with the kubota buckets. Maybe check with McCartneys and see what is compatible with your loader and let them know you are looking for a used one. You will definitely want a light duty bucket to keep the weight down for that size of tractor.

dsb

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    1973Ford 4000

I just purchased a nearly new 60" bucket from a dealer for $250. I don't know if that is a good price but the metal to make one was $146 just for the sheet, no cutting edge or sides.
    I do have to change the mounting brackets to fit my loader.

Tractor
    Power Trac 425, C-121 Wheel Horse, 2 Exmark 60 inch zero turn mowers

Here is a large bucket made for a Power Trac http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/p...container.html
    Scott

Tractor

i never thought of making one out of something else like an oil container or something like that, that is a great idea, i think i will look for something like that, especially if i can get one cheap, thanks for the ideas and other thoughts, it doesnt need to be anything special, just for snow, thanks