Everlast welders and plasma cutters

/ Everlast welders and plasma cutters #2  
Made in China, and sold under a lot of different names, like Riland. Mixed reviews across the spectrum-with customer service being the biggest issue from who you buy from.

/ Everlast welders and plasma cutters #3  
have not made the purchase yet. i plan on getting a unit as soon as moneys are available for me to do so. i've been following this distributor Longevity Inc which seems to be be working very hard to have great customer support with 100 percent customer satisfaction. as mentioned by others about Chinese products, research and development is pretty much done by the consumer which has mixed responses from consumers. the loudest complaints i read are about the fact they are imported.
for the hobbyist and light farm use they seem to fill the needs, with a duty cycle of 100%@ low power or 60%@ high power range.

Rhett

/ Everlast welders and plasma cutters #4  
Don't buy none of that junk, Buy a miller 250 amp mig and a thermodynamics plasma torch and be done with it.

/ Everlast welders and plasma cutters #5  
Don't buy none of that junk, Buy a miller 250 amp mig and a thermodynamics plasma torch and be done with it.

For light use, pretty pricey and no where near my budget limits. I will admit it is a crap shoot whether an imported unit will last. Agreed that if one has an open expense account, buy big. Referring the only option is to buy high end, well that is kinda?

Millermatic 252 MIG Welder = Mfg Industrial Price: $2,567.00 US
Thermal Dynamics - Cutmaster 52 (60 amp) = Mfg Industrial Price: $2,174.00 US
Suggested Total = $4,750.00 US

My Budget: (home/farm use)
Mig Welder = I've owned for years - Lincoln WeldPak 155
Stick Welder = stolen - need to replace - cost I will decide at purchase
Oxy/Acet rig = stolen - replaced @ $500.00 US
Plasma Cutter = never owned - if a 60 amp import = $650.00 US

Most newer name brand units use IGBT technology.
The imports of topic use older MOSFET technology, probably reason of lower cost. This information is openly disclosed to the public.

I cannot afford a Lamborghini Countach nor a new Beetle, I have to keep driving what I have.

Rhett

/ Everlast welders and plasma cutters
While I completely agree with you about buying quality merchandise there is a issue of use versuse spending that kind of money. I figure I will use my plasma cutter a few days in a row every 2 or 3 years. I use my welder a lot more and I have a miller mig. However I wont have that much use for the plasma cutter. I have not made a decision yet however it is just good sense to spend 599 for a 50 amp plasma cutter instead of 2000 for a miller when I am not going to use it that often.

/ Everlast welders and plasma cutters #7  
define the stolen on the stick welder

/ Everlast welders and plasma cutters #10  
define the stolen on the stick welder

just what "bobodu" said! Some crack head broke into my storage shed and took allot of my expensive tools. I sucks to buy things twice!
generator, welder, oxy/acet rig, floor jack, Snap-On hand tools, power tools, etc...
Everything was high cost stuff, it hurts real bad!
I now have an in house tool room until I get me a shipping container and put a secure lock system on it. A fence and video surveillance went up within the first week of the incident.

Defined: the stolen stick welder is one that does not work for me when needed :mad:

Rhett