JD 4410 4x4 Project Tractor (burned in fire)

/ JD 4410 4x4 Project Tractor (burned in fire) #1  

Silver Member
Tractor
If anyone is interested I noticed a JD 4410 on ebay that was burned in a fire.

Would be a good project tractor.

JOHN DEERE 4410 COMPACT 4X4 DIESEL UTILITY TRACTOR NICE - eBay (item 180301281152 end time Oct-25-08 18:10:15 PDT)

"ere is a good start to a great project, 2004 Deere 4410 HST 4x4 diesel compact utility tractor under 200 hours. Was in a garage that burnt. I have cleaned it, removed the trash installed wheels and tires and got a hood and seat for it. That is as far as I got. Anything plastic is gone. The rear end rolls, the front end is stuck. I have been soaking it and think a tug will free it. There is some droopy aluminum. The engine is basically just a block. Get a bargain here. Sold AS-IS, WHERE-IS. Thanks for looking"

Bid ends soon, so hurry.

/ JD 4410 4x4 Project Tractor (burned in fire) #2  
I dont think I would pay 2500 bucks for a hunk of metal that is only worth maybe 200 bucks in scrap. Would take alot of money to rebuil it.

/ JD 4410 4x4 Project Tractor (burned in fire) #3  
The one Deere behind it is burned so bad to be hardly recognizable that it was even a Deere.

/ JD 4410 4x4 Project Tractor (burned in fire) #4  
That looks like a scrap operation to me. I think the seller buys tractors from ins. companies and parts them out. That tractor is only worth what the currently usable parts are worth...

/ JD 4410 4x4 Project Tractor (burned in fire) #5  
Looks like a great project, except that in today's economy, service parts are sold at a considerable margin. For instance, a mouse chewed up the burp valve on my Kubota's air filter canister. I recall the replacement part was in the neighborhood of $15. I can't imagine pricing out a tractor based on today's service parts.

Actually, I can. I believe (based on my rough calculations) that rebuilding a BX2350 on service parts would cost approximately $27,000.

IowaAndy