3 pt Firewood Basket

/ 3 pt Firewood Basket #1  

sherpa

Platinum Member
Tractor
2004 NH TC33D & 2014 NH Boomer 24
I am thinking about building me a 3 pt basket to haul firewood on.
I have plenty of firewood on my property but its up a narrow road and on a hill.
I cant get a trailer up there because it is too steep and no turn around but I back my tractor up the hill all the time with ease and pull logs down.
If I had a basket on the back of the tractor, I could cut the wood to wood stove lenghts, load it and haul it straight to my wood racks.

Anyone know of a 3 pt wood rack?
I think it would be easy to build, my scoop pan gave me the idea. I will try it first and see how it works.
sherpa

/ 3 pt Firewood Basket #2  
I have seen people put sides on skids. Then, they fill up the skids when they have time, and use 3pt mounted forks. Backup to the pre-filled skid, lift and drive to the stove.

/ 3 pt Firewood Basket #3  
That's a good idea and I'd like to see what you come up with.
I know billbill uses the 3pt carryall and made his into a basket of sorts like Jim is talking about. Timing on this thread is good for me. I'm planning on making a firewood basket to carry on the front of the fel. I have to lift it about 8 feet up to get it onto my deck. I'm planning to put pneumatic tires on the basket so I can roll it to the place we keep the wood on the deck.

/ 3 pt Firewood Basket
I was thinking of making the firewood basket 5 feet wide, 18 inches high and 18 inches deep. I have plenty of steel around here including a 4X8 sheet of steel mesh for the ends, back and bottom. I also have some extra 3 pt pins as well. The basket could double as a wood rack when it is not being used to haul firewood.
sherpa

/ 3 pt Firewood Basket #5  
I was thinking of making the firewood basket 5 feet wide, 18 inches high and 18 inches deep. I have plenty of steel around here including a 4X8 sheet of steel mesh for the ends, back and bottom. I also have some extra 3 pt pins as well. The basket could double as a wood rack when it is not being used to haul firewood.
sherpa

why only 18in high? doesnt seem like it will hold very much.

/ 3 pt Firewood Basket #6  
I have a customer who cut a 275 gal. fuel oil tank in half welded 3ph mounts on it and uses it on the rear of his Mahindra 2015. He fills his loader bucket and the tank half and it balances well front to rear. He gets all kinds of traction when loaded.

/ 3 pt Firewood Basket #7  
I use skids and dismantled damaged ones to use the wood to make sides. I was tired of moving wood too many times. Now its put directly on the skid when split and put aside then brought up when needed with 3 pt forks. Before the forks I used skids and a hand pallet truck in the shop. I just recently picked up 3 crates, sort of like the ones used in orchards for apples, they work great, they were free from TSC. Skids make storage and moving of firewood much easier and quicker.

/ 3 pt Firewood Basket #8  
I use 3 point forks on my 3000 Yanmar, with several old IBC tote baskets. I have part of the long side cut out to stack it in and then I can carry it out to the pile or splitter. Then I can take it to the house and stach them with the skid steers. I then can brin one to the house as needed an set on the porch.

/ 3 pt Firewood Basket
Ya'll got any pictures you can post of these firewood carriers?
sherpa